Nutrition Officer - District Nutrition Governance (NOA), Kampala, Uganda (Temporary Appointment)
UNICEF is seeking to hire a Nutrition Officer (District Nutrition Governance) on a Temporary Appointment for 364 days.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Watch this video to connect to our mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1xkXZs0cAQ
For every child, health
Uganda is one of the over 190 countries and territories around the world where we work to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease, and discrimination place in a child’s path. Together with the Government of Uganda and partners we work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals, the objectives of the Uganda National Development Plan, and the planned outcomes of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework.
Visit this link for more information on Uganda Country Office https://www.unicef.org/uganda/
How can you make a difference?
The Nutrition Officer (District Nutrition Governance) provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programmes and projects. The incumbent applies theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting technical programme information to support the development and formulation of the Nutrition Programme within the Country Programme, while following organizational rules, regulations and procedures.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, food sciences, biology, or another health-related science field.
A minimum of one year of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development in a UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are; Formulating strategies and concepts, Analyzing, Applying technical expertise, Learning and researching, Planning and organizing (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kampala (Uganda)
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Junior level
- International Relations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Democratic Governance
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2018-08-19