Title: Finance Assistant
Location: DRC Aden- Travel to other governorates as needed
Report to: Finance Officer
Duration: p to 31st December, 2018
DRC has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. Using right-based approaches, DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food Security /livelihoods, and mine risks education, amongst others. DRC has offices in Sana’a, Aden and Hodeida and several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict-effected population in Yemen, DRC is seeking the services of a qualified finance assistant
The Finance Assistant is responsible for preparing financial spreadsheets and supports Finance Officer in recording and retrieving financial details of the organization, including maintaining financial records, processing payments and cash handling to enable finance department to provide smooth, timely and efficient finance service to the DRC Aden staff.
· Maintaining cashbook and recording all transactions in an accurate way.
· Ensuring that all payments are allocated across the correct project and budget line.
· Reviewing, verifying all payments and ensuring DRC manuals, procedures and policies are applied.
· Ensuring all payments are properly documented in compliance with the procedures.
· Coordinating with external auditors for all projects, receiving queries, discussing notes and following final reports.
· Responsible in the administration and finance review of all payments.
· Responsible for tender documentation production and review for accuracy and completion, prepared technical and financial analysis on companies’ offers for inclusion.
· Preparing cheques and making sure of the validity after it has been written.
· Maintaining soft copy of all payment vouchers and participating in planning and preparation for audits.
· Ensuring all financial and accountancy procedures are implemented and respected.
· Scanning and archiving finance department documents and making sure all documents are complete.
· Safe keeping, maintaining cash accounts and conducting physical counts.
· Following up with Al-Kuraimi and Al-Omqi.
Other duties assigned by the senior finance officer
- Assist Finance Officer in booking transactions on daily basis into the Cash Book in accordance with the guidelines
- Support Finance Officer in compiling weekly cash forecast/requirements of all departments
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
· University degree in Business Administration
· Minimum two years of professional experience in this field
· Good command of English language (written and spoken)
· Good computer skills (Ms. Office at minimum)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Willingness and ability to work under pressure
· Willingness and ability to travel
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Aden (Yemen)
- Grade: Mid level
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-14