Urban Displacement and Outside of Camp (UDOC) Multipurpose community center (MPCC) Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
UDOC MPCC Assistant- Kirkuk
The purpose of the Urban Displacement and Outside of Camp (UDOC) Multi -Purpose Community Center Assistant is to support and oversee all admin related matters linked to the community center.and ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
Our Ideal Candidate:
University degree in Business, Administration, Finance or other relevant position and in humanitarian/recovery settings, especially in complex and volatile environments. Fluency in English and Arabic, both verbal and written is required. Previous work experience in the Middle-East and Iraq will be a distinct advantage.
Role Specific Information
- Work closely with human resources, logistics, procurement and finance teams to ensure appropriate implementation of procedures.
- Prepare and follow up on Payment Requests, timesheet, attendance sheet, schedules and other relevant documents.
- Ensure that payments are made in time and mandatory documents are submitted.
- Maintain office supplies and stocks by checking inventory and order items.
- Prepare, receive and book meetings, classes, events and trainings, support arrangements for those.
- Support the UDOC officer and coordinator in establishing coordination mechanism to reduce gaps and duplications in humanitarian response, and increase accountability.
- Supervise receptionist on a daily basis and assume receptionist duty when needed. Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Supervise guards and cleaner work on a daily basis.
- Assist in daily office needs and support the UDOC officer in coordinating the UDOC center daily activities.
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies.
- Perform any other activities requested by line manager
Contract period: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Hawija, Kirkuk Area Office
Due to the urgency of the position screening CVs will start after one week.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
For more information, please find enclosed the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kirkuk (Iraq)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Social Affairs
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Administrative support
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Closing Date: 2018-08-15