Project Analyst for United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) project Women’s Economic Empowerment in the South Caucasus
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Country Office in Georgia has been implementing its Strategic Note (2016-2020), under which one of the priority areas is women’s economic empowerment, with specific focus on women living in rural areas and marginalized women with multiple disadvantages. With financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and Austrian Development Agency, and in close cooperation with UN Women ECA Regional Office, UNCTs in Armenia and Azerbaijan, governmental and civil society partners in all three countries, UN Women will implement a multi-year project entitled “Women’s Economic Empowerment in the South Caucasus” (WEESC). The project goal is to increase economic security and improve access to livelihood and development opportunities for women, particularly the poorest and most excluded in the South Caucasus countries. The project outputs are informed by relevant international commitments to women’s empowerment, and directly linked to the existing agreements between UN Systems and the governments of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. The project goals aim at contributing to national priorities and various national plans, that underline the importance of gender mainstreaming in development.
Reporting to Programme Specialist, Project Analyst (based in the UN Women Country Office in Tbilisi, Georgia) will support the Programme Specialist in planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under the above-mentioned project and WEE portfolio in all three countries. She/he will work in close collaboration with the programme and operations team in Georgia, Responsible Parties in Armenia and Azerbaijan and relevant UN Women staff in the Regional Office (Istanbul) and HQ (New York), Government officials, representatives of the project’s donors, other multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society in target countries ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation and achievement of planned results.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Analyst will carry out the following functions:
- Together with the UN Women Programme Specialist to ensure that progress is made in achieving WEESC goals and objectives in line with the project document and UN Women Georgia Country Office’s Strategic Note;
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions as necessary;
- Work towards timely implementation of the detailed annual work plans together with project partners and beneficiaries;
- Work towards safeguarding, monitoring and facilitating quality assurance of all the WEESC activities as spelled out in the project document;
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using the results-based management tools;
- Organize and attend field missions and draft reports on monitoring missions;
- Draft reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; and contribute to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports;
- Ensure adherence to project objectives, rules, regulations, processes and procedures in the planning and implementation of project activities;
- Contribute to the selection of international and national consultants/companies and preparation of procurements and contracting packages in line with the work plans and UN Women rules and guidelines;
- Supervise project staff, national and international consultants working in the frameworks of the WEESC;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Draft and coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of programmatic interventions in the area of women’s economic empowerment (WEE);
- Identify capacity development needs of stakeholders;
- Keep updated a mapping of main stakeholders/ partners in the field in the WEESC target regions in the three countries;
- Provide partners with technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development/ expansion of knowledge management strategies, methodologies, and products on WEE;
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the WEESC and contribute to their dissemination.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies, analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the documentation and filing system;
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Knowledge management and learning:
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and operational effectiveness:
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Management and leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment demonstrated;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to approach work with energy, commitment and a positive, constructive attitude;Resourceful in finding solutions.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, gender studies or related field;
Relevant work experience:
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience in project / programme management and implementation;
- Three years of working experience in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Fluency in Georgian and English
The application consisting of a CV, cover letter, and P11 form, for the position of Project Analyst for United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) project Women’s Economic Empowerment in the South Caucasus on the level of SB4-MID must be in English, and submitted electronically through the website: http://jobs.undp.org/
P11 form can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.