- Outcome 1: Capacities exist for effective and efficient management of REDD+, including full and effective participation of all relevant stakeholders;
- Outcome 2: National REDD+ Strategy;
- Output 3: Sub-national stakeholders have capacity for REDD+ planning;
- Output 4: Capacities exist for NFMS and FREL management and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving office vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when require.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Proper use of other office resources.
- Minor repairs;
- Arrangement of major repairs;
- Timely changes of oil;
- Check of tires, breaks, car washing etc.
- Vehicle insurance;
- Vehicle logs;
- Office directory;
- Map of the city/country;
- First aid kit;
- Necessary spare parts.
- Photocopying and duplication services;
- Assist with officer filing;
- Packaging / packing of material received for dispatched.
- Demonstrates commitment to GOPNG’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; and
- Ability to maintain effective rapport with different kinds of people.
- Shares knowledge and experience; and
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to master new material quickly;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines; and
- Good communications, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Creativity and innovation abilities.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Ability to manage the work of teams, subordinates and consultants;
- Proven ability to work flexibly and independently as part of an interdisciplinary and/or multi-cultural team; and delivery quality results against tight deadlines; and
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary School/Driving License;
- Relevant combination of professional training, certification would be an advantage.
- Experience in administrative work, preferably in an international organisation;
- Excellent communication skills, including inter-personal;
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel is necessary.
- Fluency in written and spoken Tok Pisin and English
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: port moresby
- Grade: SB-1, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2018-08-10