Partnership Development Officer
Government of India, with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as the lead agency, funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF) is implementing the project “Mainstreaming Coastal and Marine Biodiversity Conservation into Production Sectors in the East Godavari River Estuarine Ecosystem (EGREE), Andhra Pradesh, India”. The project focuses specifically on removing the key barriers for mainstreaming environmental management considerations into major production activities that are impacting the EGREE region. The main components of the project include: a) Sectoral mainstreaming including knowledge management for coastal and marine biodiversity conservation; b) Institutional Capacity Development; and c) Sustainable Community Livelihoods and Natural Resource Use in the Godavari River Estuary.
One of the key objective of the project is implementing overall landscape plan and biodiversity friendly sectoral plans for fisheries, oil and gas, port and shipping, fisheries, aquaculture, salt pans, fertilizers and tourism sectors in partnership with the corporates, industries and line department operating in the EGREE Region.
The Partnership Officer (PO) will be based in Andhra Pradesh, India and shall work under the overall supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, EGREE. The PO will also work closely with the EGREE Project Officer and UNDP Programme Analyst in Delhi.
The Partnership Officer is expected to develop and establish strategic partnership with the private sector in support of the GOI-UNDP Country Programme and in the overall framework of the strong role envisaged for the private sector in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implement suitable operational modalities for EGREE Foundation’s engagement with the private sector, build networks with the private sector, foundations and apex industry bodies; identify and develop partnership projects.
The incumbent is also expected to provide technical inputs and contribute to engagement with the private sector at national and state level with the District Administration, National Project Management Unit (NPMU), Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, New Delhi, UNDP, Corporates, Industries, CBOs and other stakeholders during implementation of biodiversity friendly sectoral and landscape plans
● Private sector partnership strategy and roadmap for achieving EGREE Foundation’s mandates and objectives in line with the sectoral plans prepared
● Suitable operational modality(ies) for EGREE Foundation’s engagement with the private sector established;
● Financial mechanism for securing funds from production sectors established and institutionalized
● Opportunities in CSR and resource mobilization for EGREE Foundation, identified;
● Partnership projects identified, developed and formalized;
● Robust partnership networks established with the private sector, foundations and apex industry bodies such as the Global Compact.
● Prepare/write proposals for partnering with corporates and industries for implementing biodiversity friendly activities;
● Support sustainability of EGREE Foundation through development of new partnerships/ MoUs;
● Formal partnership established with key sectors in the EGREE region
Duties and Responsibilities
● Define the strategic role of private sector partnerships in the EGREE project area;
● Develop and help implement EGREE Foundation’s strategy making the business case for a strong private sector engagement focusing on both partnerships in CSR and core businesses;
● Support EGREE Foundation on CSR and engagement with the private sector on SDGs and UNDP/GEF project’s priority areas a) Knowledge management for coastal and marine biodiversity conservation; b) Institutional Capacity Development; and c) Sustainable Community Livelihoods and Natural Resource Use in the Godavari River Estuary);
● Scan the environment for private sector partnership opportunities using partner specific analysis, needs and comparative strengths;
● Guide resource mobilization by preparing the background analysis, partner consultations, and high-level meetings to facilitate a closer cooperation with the private sector;
● Facilitate outreach and partnership development in identified sectors and programme areas and work with the PMU to formalize project proposals;
● Identify suitable partnership instruments and operational modalities for engagement with the private sector within the existing laws and regulatory framework;
● Use due diligence and risk assessment while formalizing the project engagement with the private sector;
● Work closely with the PMU for appropriate messaging for EGREE Foundation’s engagement with the private sector.
Job knowledge and technical expertise
● Strong knowledge of subject area and keeps abreast with new developments in areas of professional discipline and seeks to develop herself/himself professionally
● Sound knowledge of partnership management tools and instruments and utilises these regularly in work and assignments
Results based management
● Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
● Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
● Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
Building and managing strategic partnerships
● Identifies common interests and goals and carries out join initiatives with partners
● Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationship, partnerships and alliances with private sector, foundations and other agencies
● Makes effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen partnerships
Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
● Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
● Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Required Skills and Experience
● Master’s Degree in Management with specialization in environment, natural resources and related field from a recognized University/Institute.
● Minimum 6 years of work experience on corporate partnerships and programme development in the field of Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Impact Assessment or Management of Bio-diversity or Conservation and Survey.
● Proven track record of successful partnership development and the realization of actual corporate engagements.
● Practical experience in design and implementation of fundraising and outreach campaigns
● Fluency in English is essential and local langauge is desirable.
Remuneration package is INR 1,15,741/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: kakinada
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-08-05