Photo and Video Producer
The Small Grants Programme is a corporate programme of the Global Environment Facility established in 1992 which is being administered by UNDP. It is a grant facility for NGOs and CBOs in support of their community-based resource management initiatives. Under its Fifth Operational Phase, the GEF-SGP supported 54 projects, 49 of which are community-based that pursued various initiatives in community-based protected area establishment and management, production landscape and seascape establishment and management, and establishment and/or strengthening of biodiversity-friendly enterprises.
With only a few months left in its project life, the GEF-SGP OP5 is now culling lessons and insights from its implementation experiences, and putting them down into written and audio-visual documents with the intent of informing the next operational phase of SGP, contribute to the body of knowledge in biodiversity conservation and management, point to possible national and local policy directions, and informing the greater public of the benefits of community-based biodiversity conservation.
In pursuit of the aforementioned objectives, the Country Programme Management Office of GEF-SGP OP5 intends to do the following: (1) publish its Project Terminal Report with photographs as evidence of its accomplishments; (2) publish the best practices of the projects supported by it, with photographs to help tell the stories of such projects; (3) produce video documentaries on the various aspects of the Programme.
In this regard, the CPMU is in need of a Photo and Video Producer, who shall also be referred to here as Consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities
This assignment aims to produce still photographs to support the printed publications of SGP-5, and video documentaries on the various aspects of SGP-5 work.
The Consultant shall have the following tasks:
Produce still photographs of select SGP-5 projects; and,
Produce short video documentaries of select topics on the work of SGP-5
The Consultant shall be responsible for the recruitment as well as payment of professional fees as well as logistical and travel expenses of the members of her/his team. Additional trips at the behest of the CPMU and at no fault of the Consultant shall be at the expense of the latter.
The Consultant shall warrant the complete intellectual ownership by UNDP and DENR-BMB of all the materials, products and all the elements of the finished materials.
The Consultant shall coordinate and work closely with the Country Programme Management Unit (CPMU) and the Foundation for the Philippine Environment in its capacity as Responsible Party for GEF-SGP OP5. He/she shall report to the Director of the DENR – Biodiversity Management Bureau through the Country Programme Manager.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Expertise in data collection and analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and research skills; and
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills;
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a first university degree (Bachelor Degree) in Communications, Humanities, Arts, Community Development or their equivalent.
Has 7-10 years’ experience in publishing photographic books (coffee table book quality), with preference for those who have experience in publishing books with nature subjects
Has at least 7-10 years’ experience in producing or directing video materials/documentaries, with preference for those who have produced materials on natural resource management for various audiences
Has capacity to dispatch teams of photographers and videographers with capability to shoot scenes and people above land, underwater and from the air (drone) to gather materials in various sites in Samar Island, Palawan and the Sierra Madre Mountain Range within 2-3 months
- Has capacity to mobilize writer/s for video, photo editors, video editors, musical scorers, voice over narrators (as may be needed)
- Has excellent command of oral and written English and Filipino
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a methodology, if applicable, on how they will approach and complete the assignment.
Complete and detailed TOR along with the application requirements can be accessed thru this link:http://procurement-notices-admin.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=48572
Kindly submit your application requirements a firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: manila
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-08-07