Area Supply Chain Manager (National Contract)
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
This role could be based in our Qobayat or Tripoli offices, but will require travel between the two.
About the job
The Supply Chain manager is responsible for managing the procurement, logistics, assets and warehouse services across two offices in Northern Lebanon (North of Lebanon and Akkar Governorates). This management role provides technical advice, strategic planning and management support to the supply chain teams, as well as supporting other departments with their supply chain planning. The manager will establish, oversee and deliver strategic objectives that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and value for money of the area of work for DRC to deliver the best possible support to beneficiaries.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure value for money goods and services are provided to other DRC teams - and ultimately to the organisation’s beneficiaries – across all procurement, transport, logistics, assets and warehouse services in Northern Lebanon
- Manage the Supply Chain team in North Lebanon to deliver services in line with the DRC Operations Handbook and best practice, ensuring that these activities are timely, effective and efficient in meeting the needs of programme delivery, that they are compliant with DRC and donor procedural requirements, and that goods, services and works purchased represent value for money.
- Support other teams (and where necessary, implementing partners) with procurement, transport, warehouse, asset and logistics planning, lead-times, cost estimation and process improvements.
- Developing innovative approaches to solving problems and ineffectiveness
- Support the drafting of grant proposals, ensuring that all supply chain requirements are costed and are adequately taken into account, and that programme delivery timelines are feasible, as flexible as possible and value for money.
- Analyse and predict procurement patterns and develop registered supplier lists and framework agreements for regularly used goods and services, and monitor performance of existing suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with the DRC Operations Handbook, and enforce standard operating procedures on movement planning, vehicle maintenance and mandatory equipment.
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training, oversee the compilation of monthly fuel consumption and vehicle utilisation reports for the North Area.
- Ensure vehicle fleet size and external tranport options are appropriately balanced in terms of cost effectiveness vs meeting programme needs, by monitoring fleet utilisation rates and providing recommendations for rationalisation and increased efficiency.
- Oversee warehouse management, including ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from the DRC warehouses, and ensuring quarterly physical inventory of existing stock. Provide updates on stock to programme colleagues.
To be successful in this role you will be a customer and solutions focused Supply Chain professional who has strong experience in strategic planning across an organisation with demonstrated experience in capacity building.
We are also looking for the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain management and a Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field OR a very significant industry experience.
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Very strong procurement technical skills and experience leading procurement teams
- Transport and/or fleet management experience
- Strong team management experience, including building and developing the capacity of staff and teams
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- A Lebanese driver’s license
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
- NGO sector experience, in particular in international and humanitarian contexts
- Exposure to MS Dynamics ERP system
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: D+1 equivalent to 2,400 USD
Duty Station: Tripoli or Qobayat
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Christele Hage will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15 August 2018
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.