Project Assistant for TEFSO, Royal Forest Department, Thailand
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Kingdom of Thailand has initiated the negotiation of a bilateral trade agreement of Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA) with the European Union. This VPA negotiation is part of the EU Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan of the EU which aims at improving legality and governance in the forestry sector in general and the timber industry in particular. A Thailand-EU FLEGT VPA Secretariat Office (TEFSO) has been established under the Royal Forest Department (RFD). The general mandate of the TESFO is to provide secretarial support to Thailandâs National FLEGT Committee, for which the RFD Director General serves as the Secretary and TEFSO Director as the Assistant Secretary. TEFSO provides the needed secretarial and technical support to the Thailand-EU VPA negotiation process and assists with the Thai Governmentâs correspondence with the EU and EU Delegation. It also provides coordination assistance to the Technical Working Groups (TWGs) established under the National FLEGT Committee, the multi-stakeholder Ad Hoc Working Group on FLEGT and other parties relevant to the FLEGT VPA.
Under the direct supervision of the Forest Officer assigned to the FAO-EU FLEGT Programme based in the Regional Office for Asia-Pacific, the incumbent will provide a range of administrative services in support to efficient project implementation, operations and coordination of FLEGT VPA activities of TEFSO, RFD. The Project Assistant on Operations will be hired to provide services for the Government of Thailand (represented by Royal Forest Department). The overall approval of the outcomes of the work by the Project Assistant will be based on the satisfaction of completion of work by the assigned Forestry Officer, FAO RAP; the Project Assistant will work in close collaboration with permanent and temporary TEFSO staffs, and the FAO-EU FLEGT Programme. The Project Assistant is responsible for all tasks and products outlined in the terms of reference. All tasks will be considered complete after approval by the assigned Forestry Officer, FAO RAP.
Tasks and responsibilities
The specific tasks of the Project Assistant will be\:
- University degree in Administrative Management, Political Sciences, International Relations or other related fields
- Working knowledge of English.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant work experience, or at least 6 months experience working directly with the Thai Government
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-17