Programme Specialist, Gender based Violence, Harmful Practices and Human Rights, Arab States Regional Office, Cairo, Egypt
The Programme Specialist post is located in the UNFPA Arab States Regional Office (ASRO) in Cairo, Egypt, and reports to the Gender, Human Rights and Culture Regional Adviser, who provides overall direction and guidance. S/He provides country offices with daily support on gender (including GBV and harmful practices) and human rights programme and operational issues, research and data collection, and lead the management of the regional programme in the above areas. The Programme Specialist is part of a team which provides integrated programme and technical support to country offices within a systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy that addresses development situations, humanitarian settings and fragile contexts.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field.
• Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience in developmental/humanitarian work.
• Substantive knowledge and practical experience in programming on crosscutting issues, population, sexual and reproductive health, HTPs and gender programming.
• Field experience is an asset.
• Humanitarian experience is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French or Arabic is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Cairo (Egypt)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Human Rights
- Gender-based violence
- Project and Programme Management
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Drugs, Crime and Human trafficking
- Closing Date: 2018-08-19