Head of Programs Department (FSL, Shelter, WASH, NFI &ER) (Arabic speaker)
Gaziantep | TURKEY (Turkey)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Mission in Turkey and in collaboration with the QRCS staff and implementing partners, the Head of Programmes Department will be responsible of the following tasks:
· Perform Programmes development and operations according to the established programmes organizational framework.
· Achieve Department Objectives comprising integrated programme development, resilience and disaster response, result based management with resource allocation and mobilization.
· Accomplish strategic objectives by overseeing multiple programmes and project activities.
· Accomplish human resource objectives by developing job descriptions/TORs, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions;
· Enforce policies and procedures in addition to drafting and proposing working procedures, standards, plans, criterion, guidelines, frameworks and processes.
· Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and working standards; resolving problems; completing reviews and revisions; identify trends; determine system improvements and implementing change.
· Oversee data collection and proposal development, technical surveys, project planning, project management, procurement, implementation, quality control, M&E, trainings, closure and settlements.
· Oversee all day-to-day activities of a particular program and also for keeping a birds-eye view of the program operations including monitoring and reporting progress throughout the process.
· Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
· Update job knowledge by developing capacity building opportunities for programmes capacity; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
· Enhance department and organization integration by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Contribute to MIS operation, expansion and with periodic inputs and outputs.
In general, the Head of Programmes should possess staff management skills, planning, people management, managing results, promoting process improvement, financial planning and strategy, strategic planning, dealing with complexity, analyzing information, vision and performance management. The incumbent should be experienced in the following:
· Project management tools and techniques
· Ability to develop a clear and detailed plan. In order to ensure that a program is feasible and doesn’t veer off course.
· Skills to develop a step-by-step plan with well-defined tasks and to make sure the team stays on a timeline.
· Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to think quickly and adeptly on how to address problems as they come up and overcome them.
· Advanced interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, supervisors, staff and peers,
· Ability to dictate responsibilities, to offer constructive feedback, and to support and encourage others.
· Managing people and leading multidisciplinary teams to make the job performance much more effective across the programmes.
· Able to multi-task to track spending, adjust budgets, hire and review employees, look for gaps in work efficiency, communicate with the teams and suggest changes in the plan all in parallel. This requires an ability to switch quickly between tasks and to think about the project on many different levels at once.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to both lead and function as a member of a team.
Engineering degree preferably with Masters in Business Administration, Development Studies or Project Management or any related field.
At least 10 years’ experience in conflict and post conflict countries, familiarity with the emergency response context.
Knowledge of English and Arabic fluently.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe that your qualifications meet the requirement of the position above, kindly submit your application using the links below:
Please note that the position might be filled before the A\M deadline date and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Red Crescent - Qatar
- Location: Gaziantep | TURKEY (Turkey)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Project and Programme Management
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Managerial positions
- Public Health and Health Service
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-08-10