Business Operations Strategy Consultant
home-based and phnom penh
With the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at its core, the December 2017 DG report was submitted in follow-up to the report released in June 2017 entitled “Repositioning the United Nations development system to deliver on the 2030 Agenda: ensuring a better future for all” (A/72/124-E/2018/3). The report responds to the mandates, due by December 2017, set out in General Assembly resolution 71/243 on the quadrennial comprehensive policy review of operational activities for development of the United Nations system, in which the Assembly specifically called for a system-wide strategic document for collective action to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and a comprehensive proposal on further improvements to the resident coordinator system.
The system-wide strategic document, produced by the United Nations Development Group, charts a path for the system to work collaboratively, building on the strengths of each entity, to accelerate its alignment with the 2030 Agenda at the country, regional and global levels.
Within this context, the UNCT in Cambodia has decided to develop a BOS 2018-2022. The BOS will outline all inter-agency harmonization and operations activities planned to integrate in theUNDAF 2018-2022, while incorporating various operational analyses. The BOS development process will be aligned with UNDAF, with BOS priorities being developed based on the operational requirements of the UNDAF priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant shall produce a draft BOS to include:
- Conduct the orientation Session with OMT members, PMT and UNCT on new BOS template and guidelines for development of BOS.
- Operations Analysis: in close cooperation with the OMT members, defines and compiles the results focus and prioritizes the results areas according to the outcome of costs and benefit analysis for each suggested business solution, includes Baseline Analysis, Needs & opportunities Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Prioritization.
- Business Operations Results Framework (with narratives): Translates the business solutions to specific result statements (outcomes, outputs) and adds a short narrative for each results area. Also suggests a required budget per outcome/output.
- Integration of Due Diligence Policy into the BOS.
- Business Operations Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting: Defines outcome and output level indicators, targets and baselines.
- Business Operations Governance Mechanisms. Define expected mode of governance mechanism.
- Business Operations Budgetary Framework: Describes the resource requirements, including a resource map of existing resources, the resource gap and a resource mobilization strategy.
- To operationalize the Business Operations Strategy: Outlines the implementation of BoS through work planning, including the concepts of integrated (OMT) work plan and the use of the standardized MoU for Common Services.
Interested Offerors must visit this link http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=48668 download Individual Consultant Procurement Notice, Terms of Reference, and Document Templates to be included when submitting this online application.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues. Ability to engage others for data collection. Ability to apply sound judgment in the context of assignments given, and work under pressure. Shows persistence and remains calm in stressful situations. Shows pride in work and achievements, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of the subject matter. Responds positively to feedback and different points of view. Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with the terms defined here. Identifies priority activities and assignments, and adjusts them as required. Allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work by foreseeing risks and developing contingency plans accordingly. Monitors and adjusts plans as necessary, and uses time effectively.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of responsibilities and honors commitments. Delivers assigned tasks within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Takes personal responsibility for his/her shortcomings.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues pertaining to UN’s work, particularly in the operational support services (Common Services) for programme implementation e.g. services in the areas of Procurement, ICT, HR, Logistics, Security etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the General Assembly resolution GA/Res/71/243 on the quadrennial comprehensive policy review of operational activities for development of the United Nations system, in which the Assembly specifically called for a system-wide strategic document for collective action to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and a comprehensive proposal on further improvements to the resident coordinator system on harmonization of business practices within UN agencies.
- Expertise in operational support activities required to ensure high-quality and cost-effective delivery of UN’s development and humanitarian assistance.
- Experience with holding operational analyses to identify benchmarks on quality and efficiency for inter-agency operations activities, and monitor and implement these activities accordingly.
- Knowledge of UN’s legal and market context in Cambodia, particularly to facilitate UN’s inter-agency harmonization, operational support and procurement activities.
- Experience with mapping, evaluation and development of UN’s operational/common/joint services
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree in operations, finance, auditing, logistics, procurement, management, statistics or development related field preferably with specific focus on international development and humanitarian operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations & programme management, conceptualization of business processes and procedures, knowledge and application of Result Based Programming and Budgeting, working with international organizations such as UN bodies and agencies. Application and linking of BOS with UNDAF and UNDAF planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting strategies.
- Previous Experience in supporting an OMT on BOS creation is a distinct advantage.
Language Requirement:Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
Interested Offerors must visit this link http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=48668 to download Individual Consultant Procurement Notice, Terms of Reference, and Document Templates to be included when submitting this online application.
UNDP reserves right to reject any applications that is incomplete.
Please be informed that we don’t accept application submitted via email.
Interested Offerors are required to submit application via UNDP jobsite system as the application screening and evaluation will be done through UNDP jobsite system. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file. Your on-line applications submission will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Any request for clarification/additional information on this procurement notice shall be communicated in writing to UNDP office or send to email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com . While the Procurement Unit would endeavor to provide information expeditiously, only requests receiving at least 5 working days prior to the submission deadline will be entertained. Any delay in providing such information will not be considered as a reason for extending the submission deadline. The UNDP's response (including an explanation of the query but without identifying the source of inquiry) will be posted in Individual Consultant (IC) Procurement Notice page as provided above. Therefore, all prospective Offerors are advised to visit the page regularly to make obtain update related to this Individual Consultant (IC) Procurement Notice.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: home-based and phnom penh
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Public, Private Partnership
- Trade and Development
- Closing Date: 2018-08-16