Resource Management Associate
Under the guidance of the Deputy Resident Representative (DRR), Resource Management Associate contributes to the overall effort of the office to efficiently plan and manage programme financial resources. Resource Management Associate supports the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the UNDP strategies, country programme, country office partnership building and resource mobilization strategies.
Resource Management Associate works closely with Operations Manager and relevant operations and programme staff in the CO, as well as all development projects, and UNDP HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Support the implementation of the programme and projects across all portfolios;
- Support the process of planning and management of core and non-core resources;
- Support the implementation of the CO resource mobilization strategy and partnership management;
- Enable quality assurance and wide application of the M&E, RBM-principles for the whole country programme and projects;
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on project management related matters
1. Support the implementation of the programme and projects across all portfolios, adapt processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of programme / project management and programme financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on programme-related audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system;
- Coordinate and lead timely planning and reporting exercise both on corporate and local levels (UNDAF, Strategic Plan, ROAR, DIM reporting, Unit Workplans, etc.);
- Provide inputs to CO Programme Finance business processes and related streamlining efforts;
- Support and advise in all stages of the project cycle, its compliance with the CPAP/UNDAF and other strategic documents, implementation arrangements and operational closure;
- Continuously analyze and monitor programme financial situation, develop and present forecasts for development projects;
- Routinely monitor financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies concerning development projects;
- Support the office pipeline management.
2. Provide effective advice to management on strategic core and non-core resources management:
- Monitor financial delivery of core and non-core resources and prepare weekly financial reports to the RR and DRR
- Prepare quarterly financial reports on projects delivery for the Ministry of Finance;
- Development and follow up on Programme Portfolio Pipeline and Project Tree in Atlas:
- Monitoring and entry of data of new and potential grants into Atlas in the form of Proposals and Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of their status;
- Sending project budgets to KK;
- Assist Senior management in planning and target setting for effective delivery, mobilization and management of financial resources of the country office;
- Provide effective support to programme staff in structuring and setting up projects optimally in Atlas, as well as advise on reporting on targets in the ERBM platform;
- Monitor the status of programme-related indicators in the IPSAS Dashboard, identify issues and propose corrective actions;
- Maintain effective control of receivables for UNDP projects based on IPSAS requirements (act as a primary revenue focal point), prepare and submit necessary revenue certification reports at the year-end;
- Advise on project organization and cost-recovery arrangements in line with corporate project management and cost-recovery policies and procedures;
- Support the coordination of project / programme related Audit exercises, monitor the implementation of the audit recommendations and ensure timely updates on the actions taken in the corporate system, serve as NIM-audit focal point.
3. Participates and provides support to the development and implementation of the CO resource management and mobilization strategy and action plan and UNDP positioning within the UN family, national and international partners focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review and revise partnership and cost-sharing agreements with donors and various partners, obtain clearances from HQ if necessary;
- Identify emerging sources of funding; assess their current usage and potential for the future;
- Develop and maintain donor intelligence profiles;
- Monitor cost-sharing contributions, track and report on mobilized resources by performing the following tasks:
- upload signed contributions agreements into Document Management System;
- obtain AR Items for further application of donor funds;
- monitor timely submission of reports to donors and take necessary actions as / if needed;
- Provide inputs to and update of outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors;
- Ensure compliance with partner requirements, including systematized CO reporting to donors;
- Advise on partnership opportunities and forms of cooperation for UNDP with other UN Agencies, international and local partners;
- Analyze requirements and synthesis of proposals for development and implementation of CO strategy for partnering with UN Agencies around UNDAF, SDG and other joint programming for implementation of UN Reform;
- Revise CO Resource Mobilization Strategy as needed; compile and regularly monitor the implementation of the annual CO Resource Mobilization Plan.
4. Enable quality assurance and wide application of effective M&E and RBM-principles for the whole Country programme and projects focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Support programme teams with the effective use of tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Regularly update Project Monitoring Dashboard;
- Serve as RBM and Evaluation focal point for the Country Office, support the coordination of project / programme evaluation exercises;
- Review project documents to ensure wide application of UNDP programming principles;
- Participate in project proposal discussions and PAC meetings to advise on project concept and structure;
- Review and revise project inputs for the ROAR, Strategic Plan, UNDAF and other reports to ensure result-orientation and evidence-based reporting;
- Continuously support in enhancing existing M&E practices for improved quality programming based on the lessons learned from previous interventions.
5. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on programme/project management issues as required by the organization, focusing on the following results:
- Identify and apply best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme and project management (including RBM), resource planning and management, and monitoring/evaluation related activities;
- Ensure programme and financial data quality in ATLAS/ERC and other corporate on-line tools, organization of trainings on RBM for CO and project staff;
- Contribute to knowledge networks/teamworks and communities of practice;
- Organize training/briefing for the CO and project staff on project management issues, including RBM, project management module in ATLAS and other corporate systems, use of existing corporate on-line tools, etc.;
- Contribute to quality programming and wide application of UNDP programming principles through active participation in RBM peer review group;
- Develop and maintain various local knowledge-sharing platforms, tools and visual products aimed at improved programme / project management practices and greater understanding of UNDP programme /project management policies and procedures among staff and partners.
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency to ensure quality programming, sustainable and effective management and planning of financial resources, as well as in the implementation of programme and resource mobilization strategies.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (broad range of specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting);
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Builds knowledge and experience in at least one practice areas and contributes to UNDP Practice;
- Ability to provide top quality services on related issues;
- In-depth practical knowledge of UNDP programme and project management policies and procedures.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to participate in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to participate in formulation of strategies and their implementation;
- Ability to apply RM and partnerships building theory to the specific country context;
- Strong IT skills.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Encourages risk-taking in the pursuit of creativity and innovation;
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
7 years of progressively responsible financial, administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
Experience in Results-based management concept is an asset.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
Proficiency in English, and good knowledge of Uzbek and / or Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS/NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-12