International Street Food Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Facilitate the institutional arrangements among the government stakeholders involved in the implementation of the Healthy Street Food Incentives (HSFI);
- Coordinate the set-up of the digital platform needed for the management of the HSFI;
- Coordinate the set up and management of mechanisms that would promote the implementation of the HSFI;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of communication strategies for the promotion of the HSFI;
- Perform any other related tasks, as required.
- Advanced university degree in nutrition, public health, social sciences, or other related fields.
- Five years of relevant experience in food systems policy and programme development.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of French or Spanish.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Good knowledge of FAO's work in nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food systems approaches is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in building appropriate partnerships and promoting multi-sectoral coordination at the country level.
- Knowledge of urban food systems and understanding of street food vending, consumption and related policies.
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of project and programme management including supervisory experience.
- Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational guidelines and procedures and project/programme management procedures.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Various Locations
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-08-17