Protection Assistant (Senior Case Management)
Protection Assistant ( Senior Case Management )
Duty Station [Tikrit Iraq]
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450-national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations
About the job:
The Protection Assistant (Senior Case Management) is responsible for the delivery of case management and Special Needs Fund support in their area of operation.
Case management service provision
- Provide general protection case management services in compliance with best-practice and international standards in protection response (including DRC case management SOP’s) including assessment of need, development of case plan and referral/facilitation of access to services, follow-up, and case closure.
- Ensure and oversee that specialized needs, including Child Protection Case Management and GBV Case Management, are referred to specialized service providers, and that at all times caseworkers are safeguarding the safety and respect of the survivor, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- At all times safeguard the safety and respect of the individual, in addition to the confidentiality of his/her information and his/her right to access services without any discrimination.
- Attend weekly case review meetings with the Case Management Officer to ensure adherence to standards of care and quality case management
Monitoring and reporting
- Produce reports as required by the case management officer (including weekly reports)
- Accurately update the protection case management database ensuing adherence to data protection protocols
- Maintain complete, accurate, and confidential case files to document client interactions and interventions using DRC tools, ensuring adherence to data protection protocols
- Participate in weekly and monthly work planning as directed by case management officer
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on issues in the implementation of the program
- Support the officer in data analysis of case management data in a safe and ethical manner
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with other DRC sectors and NGOs to ensure a coordinated and collaborative response to the provision of services and assistance for those benefiting from case management
- Maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable children both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy
- Ensure up-to-date understandings of service providers operating in the area based on available service mappings and coordination with stakeholders
- Maintain positive work relationship within the team, and promote team-building efforts in coordination with case management officer
- Ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct
- Participate in training and coaching as required on case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Case Management Officer
- 1-2 years of experience in protection related work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
- Strong understanding of basic counseling and psychosocial support concepts; previous training in these areas strongly preferred
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict
- Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field
- Previous experience in international organizations
- Previous experience providing case management services
- Previous experience providing counselling and/or psychosocial support services
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English is required
- Fluency in Arabic is required
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 4 months (renewable based on both funding and performance).
Level: B2 3
Start date: 1st of September 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. .
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking here or on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 17 Aug, 2018. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tikrit (Iraq)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-17