Agriculture Policy Specialist/ Consultant for Agriculture policy development in the Republic of Maldives
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
SO1 â (c) member countries and their development partners formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate policies, programmes, investments and legislation to eradicate food insecurity and malnutrition.
This project will provide technical support in policy advice and formulation to the Government of Maldives, including a thorough and participatory process of analysis and identification of priorities for agriculture sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative of Sri Lanka and the Maldives the consultant will undertake the development of the national agriculture policy in the Maldives. More specifically, he/she will\:
â¢ Perform a desk review and analysis of existing documents identifying existing gaps and shortcomings in current and past sector policies and strategies;
â¢ Prepare minutes and notes of the stakeholder meetings;
â¢ Conduct consultations/interviews with key stakeholders, including private sector and international/bilateral organizations, to identify sector requirements and issues pertaining to the stakeholders;
â¢ Identify the key issues that need to be addressed and requirements/needs of policy modifications;
â¢ Compile quantitative and qualitative evidence of the agriculture sector in the Sri Lanka;
â¢ Construct possible policy options/alternatives to address main issues identified, based on the documents review and stakeholder consultations/interviews,
â¢ Draft an agriculture policy document;
â¢ Coordinate to organize the policy workshops where results will be presented and validated with main stakeholders;
â¢ Advocate and promote evidence-based, multi-sectoral and inter-governmental policy dialogues and information sharing;
â¢ Draft a monitoring and evaluation framework for policy implementation;
â¢ Analyse and identify the capacity for policy analysis and formulation of relevant ministries and institutions, and lead the capacity building sessions; and
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Male (Maldives)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20