Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The M&E Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented in respective field base province.
The M&E Assistant reports to the Area M&E Officer-East in Urfa/Kilis and will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the field base level program monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis. S/he will be responsible for the collection of different data in relation to project activities implemented in field base. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Monitoring and evaluation responsibilities (70%)
• Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews or focus group discussions with beneficiaries, as defined in the weekly/monthly M&E workplan and directed by the Area Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and M&E Coordinator;
• Under the supervision of the Area M&E Officer-East, liaise with DRC and/or IP program teams to ensure necessary data collected from scheduled activities, this includes regular visits to IP activity venues and following up with data to be asked like Pre&Post test score data from IP organizations under DRC Livelihood program;
• During monitoring and evaluation activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent;
• Carry out data collection work and data entry work,
• Refer on potential vulnerable cases to Area M&E Officer-East or sensitive issues that might be observed at field level;
• Keep supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place;
• Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries.
Reporting and information (20%)
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to the Area M&E Officer-East on achievements and challenges related to monitoring;
• Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the base level protection team;
• When necessary, assist Senior M&E Officer-West in producing periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform program development;
• Participate in the internal evaluation of the program;
• Any other duties as agreed with the Area M&E Officer-East, MEAL Manager and Area Manager
• Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles, including Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) guidelines.
• Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism (Code of Conduct complaint mechanism as well as programmatic complaint mechanisms systems existing at base level).
• Support Accountability Officer that complaints received in field base through hotlines and complaints boxes are managed by relevant teams.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have University degree/high school diploma or advanced training/courses in social sciences, political science, international affairs, emergency management, or other related fields; At least one year of relevant professional experience; Voluntary or professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Target oriented
- Arabic: Fluent
- English: Working Knowledge
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 4 Months
Designation of Duty Station: Kilis
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14.08.2018
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kilis (Turkey)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-14