Contracts Management Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Government of the United Kingdom through the Department for International Development (DFID) is supporting the Zimbabwe Livelihoods and Food Security Programme (LFSP), which aims to contribute to poverty reduction through increased incomes for a minimum number of 200,000 beneficiariesâ households from 2014 to 2020. The programme is being implemented in four provinces covering ten districts as follows\: Mutasa, Mutare, and Makoni in Manicaland province; Guruve, Bindura and Mt Darwin in Mashonaland Central province; and Kwekwe, Gokwe North, Gokwe South and Shurugwi in Midlands province and two additional districts reached with biofortification component only; Mazowe and Zvimba in Mashonaland Central and West provinces. The programme is being implemented by a multiple of partners and the components in the extension phase are structured around the following with gender mainstreaming cutting across on all components;
Working under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative for Zimbabwe (FAOR), and with guidance from Chief Technical Advisor and Head of Operations and under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer and Deputy LFSP Team Leader.
The technical areas/profiles covered will be as follows\:
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Harare (Zimbabwe)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Legal - Broad
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20