Camp Services Officer-Area Office Jerusalem/ Shu`fat Camp- Administration
Camp Services Officer, Grade 10
For Roster Purposes
Deadline for Applications
22 August 2018
Contract Type & Duration
Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation period, and/ or for acting appointment purposes, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Vacancy Announcement Number
Duty Station & Department
Area Office Jerusalem/ Shu`fat Camp- Administration
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women and welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA's human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency's operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 5,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.••
The incumbent of this post is responsible to the Area Officer.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the• incumbent:
• Represents the Area Officer in the camp(s) to which assigned.
• Provides administrative/coordinative support to camp installation heads and area office staff;
• Conducts regular visits to camp installations to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of premises and equipment;
• Maintains records on camp shelters and their inhabitants and on the movement of refugees from and into the camp;
• Provides supervision to clerical or similar posts if such are assigned to the camp services office and may be required to relieve other Camp Services Officers;
• Investigates, solves and /or reports to his supervisor problems concerning Agency installations and services at the camp and reports on events and incidents in the camp, as required;
• Receives petitions, claims and applications concerning the various Agency services and forwards them to the Area Office;
• Liaises with government (authority) representatives and refugee community leaders in the camp(s) to which assigned on matters relating to the Agency's operations therein.
• Accompanies, as authorized, visitors conducting tours in the camp and briefs on UNRWA services offered to the refugees in the camp.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Conditions of service•
Monthly basic salary JD 673.5. Other benefits include:
• Provident Fund contribution (7.5 % of basic salary staff member contribution, 15% of basic salary paid by the Agency)
• Dependency allowances (if applicable)
• 30 days of annual leave
• Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
University degree in business or public administration or other related field, OR Secondary education and two years diploma in Business Administration or other related field.
Ability to operate standard computer software used by the Agency.
Two years of related administrative experience for a university degree holder, OR Four years of related administrative experience for a diploma holder.
Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
Preference will be given to BA holders in business, public administration and humanities.
The Agency has the right to recommend and appoint the selected candidate to any camp deems fit.
The Agency reserves the right to appoint and/ or approve acting status for any recommended candidate in any of the camps as it may see applicable.
Solid knowledge of camp conditions, the background of the refugees and their traditions.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile are accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Date of issue: 02 August 2018
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Jerusalem (Israel)
- Grade: Grade 10 - Locally recruited area staff - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-22