Systems Analyst (18-68)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for two dynamic Systems Analyst with excellent quantitative and communication skills and a high level of commitment to provide analytical and experience support to the research projects to contribute with the publication of the research paper.
About the Project:
The RIU team is currently developing on-demand research applications:
• The HiDAP-AgroFIMS is a fieldbook creator based on the Agronomy Ontology and the Crop Ontology (spearheaded by Bioversity International and the Big Data Platform). It is built using Shiny and R, from the experience gained by developing HIDAP platform (part of the International Potato Center Global Trial Data Management System) with the view to standardize data at the collection phase, rather than at the end of the data life cycle.
• CIP-Pathology platform (development and implementation of an android application to capture and record laboratory analysis results. The team worked in close collaboration with CIMMYT and other centers. • Implementation of a centralize data repository in BioMart (Potato and Sweetpotato) About the role:
This position will support the development activities of three RIU’s projects: HiDAP-AGROFIMs, CIP-Pathology Platform and Update CIP’s Corporate Database. This position will be based in Lima, Peru (La Molina) and will report to the Research Informatics Unit.
• Design the distribution of data and storage solutions.
• Guarantee the security of databases, including backup copies and disaster recovery. • Create Sp'S, views, triggers, functions.
• Optimization of queries.
• Creation of indexes, maintenance (reindexing, updating statistics).
• Debugging information.
• Implement maintenance plans of the database.
• Change and update management.
• Support display design and research database.
• Develop application in Android
• Develop and maintain the applications developed in PHP, Java Script, CSS, JQuery, HTML5. • Availability to travel to highland and lowland. (Important).
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or related disciplines.
• At least 2 years of experience in similar positions.
• Experience in implementing data warehouse solutions and MySQL & SQL databases.
• Ability to work well independently and as team member.Why should you consider this opportunity? • CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background. • CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on August 20, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima (Peru)
- Grade: Junior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20