FINANCE ANALYST (ACCOUNTING AND AUDIT)
Atlanta (United States of America) | UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
CARE is seeking a Finance Analyst who will be responsible for valuation, accounting, reporting, reconciliation and analysis of revenues and expenses related to CARE’s domestic fund raising operations and other complex gifts like Split Interest Agreements, Bequests, Promise to Give, Contribution in Kinds etc. to ensure compliance with the organization’s policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. . Prepares and submits reports to comply with statutory requirements as well as other internal financial reports related to Fund raising and marketing operations. This position is expected to develop the appropriate financial analytical framework or reports that would highlight issues and provide recommendation to management on how to address issues noted in the analysis.
This position provides support to Individual Fundraiser and Marketing (IF&M team) in revenue forecasting, performance reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for the revenue accounting of contributions and reconciliation of committed with received and coordinates with the appropriate department i.e. Fundraising & Marketing and Shared Service Center (SSC) to resolve any discrepancy or issue
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of various financial reports
- Manages physical deposits from grants, private donations including managing private gifts receivable in coordination with the Shared service center
- Customer service - Provide support to Individual, Fundraising and Marketing team in revenue forecasting, performance reporting and analysis
- Maintain specific general ledger accounts ensuring that supporting documentation is complete
- Perform finance and accounting function
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accountancy
- CPA or Advanced degree in lieu of some relevant experience considered
- At least 2 busy seasons with the audit firm and not to exceed 5 years of working experience. (e.g. Grant Thornton, BDO, Warren Averett, etc)
- Proven ability to use analytical tools
- Proven contract evaluation knowledge and skill
- Must be organized and have demonstrated record of accuracy
- Ability to construct financial reports drawn from databases with proper reconciliation aspects to control totals
- Ability to work at detailed level
- Ability to work on teams
- Proven problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (oral and writing skills (English))
- Excellent service orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office ( Excel. Word)
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at:
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta (United States of America) | UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Grade: Junior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Banking and Finance
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-09-06