Customer Service Officer - External Relations
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, where we help save lives and rebuild futures.
The Customer Service Officer is responsible for customer service and other support in for NRC’s fundraising work in Norway and Sweden.
We offer you an 80 per cent position in an international environment with dedicated and caring colleagues and a lot of learning opportunities. The working period is from 1 September (possibly earlier) to 31 December 2018. A longer term contract might be possible. Salary upon agreement., according to the NRC salary scale.
Your will provide customer service to regular donors and other people contacting us, responding to their inquires regarding NRC’s work in general and details about NRC fundraising and donations in particular. In addition, you will do administrative and other work as needed in the department.
We are looking for a person with experience from customer service and/or the service industry. You are always eager to provide the best service possible, also when under pressure. Our preferred candidate needs to be a proactive and independent person and a confident computer user, preferably with experience from maintaining databases. Talking to all kinds of people on the phone is something you handle with excellence. A personal interest in NRC’s work is also a plus.
• This is a 80 per cent temporary position, ending 31 December 2018. A longer contract might be possible.
• The position is based at the NRC office in Oslo. The contract conditions are as per national NRC terms of employment.
• Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
• We accept applications and CVs both in English and Norwegian. However if you would like to be considered for other positions in NRC, English is required.
• As there is no application deadline, interviews will be done continuously. The position will be closed when our preferred candidate has accepted a job offer.
• NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo (Norway)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Sales and Customer Service
- Closing Date: