Health Regulation and Licensing Officer
Phnom Penh | cambodia (Cambodia)
* *This is a local position. There is no expatriate benefits provided**
JOB TITLE: Health Regulation and Licensing Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Health Regulation and Licensing Officer an anticipated USAID Cambodia Enhancing Quality of Health Care project. The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a period of five years.
The Health Regulation and Licensing Officer will work under supervision of the Chief of Party to plan and coordinate for licensing of health facilities and health professionals.
· Work with the RGC and professional councils to develop and enforce regulations, laws,
and policies for licensing and accreditation of public and private health professionals and
· Develop and implement pilots for monitoring the quality of services tied to licensing health providers (public and private), and scale up based on recommendations
· Develop systems for professional councils and MOH to monitor registration and licensing requirements
· Assist professional councils and MOH to implement improved regulations, licensing, and accreditation systems for both the public and private health sectors
· Build capacities of health care professionals / health associations to comply with the national quality standards and regulatory requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in in Health Sciences, Health Systems Strengthening, Development Studies, Development Management, or related field.
· Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience in international/regional health professional regulatory work, including legal systems/procedures related to regulations, licensing, and accreditation
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience working with stakeholders including government departments.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English; knowledge of Khmer is a plus. *
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Phnom Penh | cambodia (Cambodia)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-09-15