Technical ICLA Assistant "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values:
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our
actions and relationships.
The Technical Assistant position within NRC’s Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA)
programme is a challenging humanitarian position responsible for direct provision of information and
counseling to refugees and vulnerable Jordanians on various topics including legal and civil
documentation, housing, land and property rights and work rights both in field outreach and in NRC’s
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Core Competency portfolio
according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core
competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance
and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and
standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Stays updated regarding internal procedures and thematic guidelines
- Delivers legal awareness sessions (LAS) and individual counselling on various topics including
legal and civil documentation, housing, land and property rights and work rights
- Prepares and supports legal assistance to NRC beneficiaries
- Ensures protection mainstreaming in field activities, including identification of cases for
- Undertakes day to day data collection and data entry related to field activities and
participates in field mapping exercises
- Participates in the proactive supervision of ICLA volunteers
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of one year previous experience in relevant field. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context. knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification. Knowledge of the displacement context in Jordan and to have basic knowledge about data management and computer skills. Native fluency in Arabic and intermediate fluency in English.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: till 31st of December 2018
Salary/benefits: 842 JOD "subject to social security"
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jordan (Philippines)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Legal - International Law
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-23