Specialist on Cooperative Policy Development
Banjul (Gambia the)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Through its Country Offices, or FAO Representations, FAO assists governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to address hunger and malnutrition, and provides technical support for the sustainable development of their agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors. The activities carried out by the of the FAO Country Offices include the design and implementation of country-tailored field programmes, liaison with local donor representatives, and active public awareness-raising as well as other and outreach activities related to FAO initiatives such as the World Food Day.
The project entitled âAgriculture for Economic Growth Projectâ is funded by the European Union and aim to contribute to a sustainable growth in the agricultural sector and reduce food insecurity and malnutrition, in order to create an enabling environment for improved economic growth. Agriculture is one of the main drivers of Gambiaâs GDP growth. It employs 80.7 % of the rural working population. The sector typically contributes up to 31 % of GDP. This project aims to invest in a market stimulation approach by strengthening key market related infrastructural development and equipment supply to ensure that the required services are adequately equipped.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR and the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), the International Consultant on Cooperative Policy Development will advise the Project Coordination Unit (PCU). The development of a comprehensive National Cooperative Policy for the Gambia is a part of the effort of the project to improve the functioning of national cooperatives and food SME association bodies in the agricultural sector.
The Specialist on Cooperative Policy Development reports to the FAO Representative Republic of the Gambia
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Banjul (Gambia the)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2018-08-21