Under the direct supervision of UNDP Representaive the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Communication part involves:
* Support the UNDP in communication and awareness raising activities, including assistance in organization of events at national and subnational level;
* Ensure proper reporting and communications on the conducted events (participants’ analysis, feedback on the communication products, mass media analysis, etc.)
* Support Project team in developing and use of modern communication technologies, social media platforms, apps;
* Assist in producing media materials for placement on the Project website;
* Support Project team in identifying opportunities for partnership with other UN Agencies (joint evnts, programming), Ministries, Agencies etc.
Administrative part includes:
1) Provide financial and logistical management support
* Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
* Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
2) Ensure provision of basic administrative support services to the office:
* Processing of incoming calls and switchboard operations, when required;
* Preparation of routine draft correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports;
* Extract, input, copy, scan and file data from various sources;
* Collect background information documents, as necessary.
3) Ensures maintenance of registry system and provides registry services through:
* Maintenance of the office filing system and records management, maintenance of electronic archives;
* Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communication.
4) Support to office maintenance and assets management
* Maintenance of records on assets management and preparation of required reports;
* Provision of support to maintenance of premises and common services;
* Maintenance of files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
5) Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Project team, through:
* Participation in the training for office staff.
* Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
* Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
* Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
* Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
* Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
* Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
* Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
* Substantive support to UNDP Project in expanding its partnerships received;
* Timely and quality communication product developed;
* Quality contributions to analytical and information submitted ;
* Effective support provided on financial and logistical tasks;
* Support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work provided;
* Accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery ensured, including registry and basic administrative services
* A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.