Under the direct supervision of the Head of General Services & Travel Unit (HoU) the Logistics Clerk provides logistical related services in CO (Country Office) ensuring high quality and accuracy of work to obtain the optimum logistical services. The logistics clerk interprets rules and guidelines regarding logistics matters and closely monitors logistics services, fuel disbursements and internal control sheets and ensures their timely and accurate billing to other partners, settlement of fuel balances and cost recovery.
The logistics clerk promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the delivery of logistical services and works closely and collaborates with other GSU support staff, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in the CO to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports logistics management processes focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Adhere to UNDP internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Monitors maintenance of the office equipment, furniture ensuring timely repairs when required;
- Performs major and minor repair and maintenance of office furniture; renovation, painting and plumbing works etc;
- Maintain appropriate filing of logistics services, delivery notes, goods receipts notes GRNs and other logistical matters;
- Sets up work station for new staff/service contracts SCs to ensure furniture and non-ICT equipment are properly installed;
- Keeps tracks of day to day operations activities, updated logistical records;
- Provide support to UN Agencies in UNDP compound, insure refueling of vehicles on a timely manner according to issued fuel vouchers;
- Keeps updated records of fuel, stocks, supplies and stationery in stores, and the maintenance of records of receipts and deliveries ensuring the availability of sufficient stock for at least 2 months;
- Keep updated records on fuel issued vouchers, update excel sheet on daily basis;
- Performs regular warehouse inventory, fuel stock, and update them on timely manner;
- Assists the assets management clerk on assets physical verification exercises;
- Interact with third party logistics service providers on delivery of requested supplies, reconciles balances with the service providers;
- Orders stationary items according to internal service request forms, insures receipt of requested items using UNDP Official delivery receipt notes GRNs.
- Insures all inventory items are properly numbered and tagged;
- Participation in conducting assets and inventory physical verification exercise;
- Process and facilitate repair orders;
- Follows-up the activities and tasks undertaken by contractors for maintenance & repairs in the premises;
- Ensure that management and security procedures of stocks;
- Support GSU in pouch distribution, insure delivery of pouch to staff on regular basis;
- Perform any other travel duties as requested by HoU.
2. Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of UN/UNDP rules and regulations, policies and strategies on administrative management;
- Implementation of logistical services according to the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Ensure implementation of cost saving measures through negotiation with logistics service providers in accordance to UNDP internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
3. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
- Innovation: (Ability to make new and useful ideas work)
Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye
- Leadership: (Ability to persuade others to follow)
Level 1: Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
- People Management: (Ability to improve performance and satisfaction)
Level 1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
Communication: (Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform)
Level 1: Reliably and consistently listens and interprets information and instruction correctly
- Delivery: (Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement)
Level 1: Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks related to logistics service areas;
- Ability to review, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve logistical problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of UNDP administrative rules and regulations;
- Good knowledge IT, electrical maintenance skills;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system;
- Flexible and willing to work extra hours after regular working time when required
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant administrative experience in logistics services;
- Professional knowledge of logistics, excel reporting is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Good command in both written and spoken English and Arabic languages is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Sanaa (Yemen)
- Grade: GS-3, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-08-21