International Graphic Designer.
Home Based (Home Based)
The Arab Knowledge Project aims to promote knowledge societies and policies as transformational means to achieve the sustainable development. The project contributes to driving active conversation and raise awareness on the importance of knowledge and knowledge-based policies for sustainable development.The project encourages using the knowledge productions, namely the Global Knowledge Index, as advocacy tools, aiming to widely disseminate and embed in policy debates.In 2017, the project launched the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) during the Knowledge Summit that took place in Dubai. Accordingly, the UNDP-RBAS requires the service of highly qualified graphic designer to design the Index Analytical Report, the Global Index 2018 (GKI), and a brochure of GKI 2018 in line with the deliverables mentioned below.The selected graphic designer should have conducted similar projects with international organizations and is expected to develop creative ideas and concepts to meet UNDP’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected graphic designer will be responsible of designing the Global Knowledge Index of 2017 Analysis (GKI 2017 Analysis), the Global Knowledge Index 2018 (GKI), and a brochure reflecting the result of GKI 2018, as such the graphic designer shall submit at least 3 ideas for each design of which Arab Knowledge Project team will select one for each. The suggested ideas should be in line with the guidelines communicated with the graphic designer during the first brainstorming session with the Arab Knowledge Project team. The graphic designer should deliver the following:GKI 2017 Analysis:? An innovative idea in a professional manner;? The GKI 2017 Analysis shall include the cover and analytical text illustrated in tables and graphs – approximately 150 pages;? The design shall include text layout, tables and graphs.;? The design shall be produced in Arabic and English. Once the English version is officially approved by Arab Knowledge Project Chief Technical Advisor, the graphic designer should produce a mimic of it in Arabic.GKI 2018:? An innovative idea in a professional manner;? The GKI 2018 shall include the cover and the results of 131 countries illustrated in tables and graphs (unified design for the whole countries). The results shall reflect the trend of 2017-2018 of each country. The GKI 2018 includes the following pages – approximately 350 pages:
- Introduction pages;
- Heatmap table;
- Pages with tables including results;
- 2-page scorecard for each country of the 131 countries;
- Data tables;
- Definitions and sources.
? The design shall include tables, heat maps, graphs, text, and numbers.;? The design shall be produced in Arabic and English. Once the English version is officially approved by the Arab Knowledge Project Chief Technical Advisor, the graphic designer should produce a mimic of it in Arabic.GKI 2018 Brochure:? An innovative idea in a professional manner;? The brochure shall include the cover, tables, infographics and few texts – A5 size with approximately 10-12 pages;? The design shall be produced in Arabic and English. Once the English version is officially approved by Arab Knowledge Project Chief Technical Advisor, the graphic designer should produce a mimic of it in Arabic.For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modeling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Background knowledge about the SDGs, United Nations and UNDP;
- Extensive knowledge of the region and its knowledge-related challenges and priorities;
- Demonstrates a strong capacity for innovation and creativity in providing relevant designs.
- Ability to work independently and achieve quality results with limited supervision and within tight schedules;
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to provide credible leadership;
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership and ability to integrate knowledge with broader strategic overview and corporate vision;
- Demonstrated flexibility in leadership by performing and/or overseeing the analysis/resolution of complex issues;
- Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
- Demonstrated well-developed people management and organizational management skills;
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills with strong partnerships in academia, technical organisations and as a recognized expert in the practice area.
- Ability to address global development issues;
- Demonstrated substantive leadership and ability to integrate knowledge with broader strategic, policy and operational objectives.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Ability to strongly promote and build knowledge products;
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and best practices from within and outside of UNDP;
- Provides constructive coaching and feedback;
- Demonstrates a strong capacity for innovation and creativity in providing strategic policy advice and direction.
- Mature judgment and initiative;
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction to the project implementation process;
- Independent judgment and discretion in advising on handling major policy issues and challenges, uses diplomacy and tact to achieve result.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or any other related field.
Years of Experience:
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in related areas;
- Previous experience working for the UN is a plus;
- Experience in designing infographics is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic are required.
How to apply:
The consultancy is open for all international consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal. Submissions through any other media will not be considered.
The application must include all of the following documents:
- 1. P11,
- 2. Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and
- 3. Potfolio including previous assignments;
- 4. Financial proposal
All files shall be submitted in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.It has been observed that bidders don’t submit all requested documents and thus reducing their chance to be selected for a contract with UNDP. before you submit your offer please revise that the application is complete and comprises all documents.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Home Based (Home Based)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20