Human Resources Assistant
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of the HR Unit, the HR Assistant provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Country Office (CO) and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies;
- Implementation of HR services;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management;
- Leave monitoring of UNDP staff, project staff, and staff working for other UN Agencies that are administered by UNDP;
Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, invigilating tests arranging for interviews, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels, submitting recruitment cases to Compliance Review Panel (CRP); issuing Fixed Term Contracts and Service Contracts;
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to Chart of Accounts (COAs), update of COA information, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table;
- Update of the CO rosters;
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents;
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR;
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is create;
- necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP Practice Areas;
- Develops basic knowledge of one or two Practice Areas;
- Promotes a learning environment in the office;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related HR management, including screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data input, creation of position, transactions tracking, filing, provision of information;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system;
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Required Skills and Experience
Education & Experience:
- Secondary Education with 5 years of relevant experience in HR / administration at the national or international level is required.
- Or Bachelor degree in Business or Public Administration or relevent field with two years of relevant experience in HR / administration.
- High proficiency in English and Arabic Languages (Written & Spoken).
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Sanaa (Yemen)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20