PROJECT MANAGER - ADVANCING PARTNERS & COMMUNITIES
Freetown (Sierra Leone) | Sierra Leone
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Project Manager who will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the ‘Advancing Partners’ and Communities (APC) project which will be implemented in Bombali, Tonkolili & Port Loko Districts of Sierra Leone in line with the approved design, and in compliance with the donor requirements. This is a Short-term contract, which is scheduled to begin on September 1, 2018 and end on April 30, 2019.
The Project Manager will be required to liaise with Donor, Grants Manager and other implementing partners and District government agencies, as well as Research Institutions. The post will be based in CARE SL office, with frequent trips to the field project sites. S/he will report directly to the Country Director and coordinate with the Senior Programs Officer and program support unit, to ensure a smooth and coordinated approach to project implementation. S/he will represent CARE in coordination meetings with Implementing partners, and District Authorities of Sierra Leone.
- Coordinate and Manage the Advancing Partners and Communities project - ensure proper planning, implementation and monitoring to achieve the objectives
- Develop and maintain partner relations - ensure effective partnerships among stakeholders of the initiative: CARE, DHMTs, District Councils, and other local authorities, sub grantee and private sector actors
- Financial management - ensure proper preparation and monitoring of initiatives budget in compliance with terms and conditions of donors’ contracts
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Health, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ project management (including monitoring and evaluation) experience in a similar NGO setting in health and community projects
- Strong leadership and management experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, co-ordination, team work, and strong, productive engagement with partners
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work effectively with district authorities such as DHTMs and DCs
- Strong analytical skills (including policy analysis) and strategic / conceptual thinking, with the ability to analyze information and to produce analytical/logical coherent reports
- Demonstrated skills as a team-leader with the ability to delegate effectively
- Experience in dealing with varied donors, with an emphasis on USAID
- Excellent in budget formulation and expense tracking
- Excellent knowledge in data management, or at least data collection is required
- Must have skills in excel / spread sheets
- Must be fluent in English
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4377
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Freetown (Sierra Leone) | Sierra Leone
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2018-09-06