Operations Associate GS-6 N'Djamena Chad, Temporary Appointment 3 months
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations, the Operations / Human Resources Associate performs the following duties:
Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, and quality assures documents by proofreading them before the supervisor’s signature. Prepare documentation for the supervisor’s signature reviewing for style, factual and grammatical accuracy,
- Follow up on established deadlines and ensuring timely submissions by staff on reports, correspondence and other documents; attaches necessary background information as required.
Takes notes in meetings and prepared relevant reports; follows up on the implementation of actions points and reports back the status to the supervisor.Prepare briefing materials for official trips or meetings. Draft responses to written inquiries on routine questions.
Maintains office records and reference files on various subjects. Arranges appointments for supervisor, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls, and responds to routine requests for information.
Perform other duties, as required.
II. HUMAN RESSOURCES
- Supports the HR Manager and team in processing a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Supports the HR Manager and team in gathering, maintaining and presenting various HR data that is used for monitoring purposes and support of the HR reform implementation and decision making.
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications, and ensuring the completion of other background checks.
- Assists in the Onboarding and Offboarding of staffs and consultants.
- Assists HR team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Coordinates the organization of weekly HR Meetings and monitors the implementation of actions points.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Completion of secondary education supplemented by technical or university courses in Human Resources or Administration Management is required.
A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in Administrative support or Human Resources is required.
Experience supporting a Senior Staff in a large organizational context is highly desirable.
Work experience with UN Organisation or International not-for-profit Organisation is an asset.
Fluency in French and English as working language is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: N'Djamena (Chad)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-15