Intern (Communications, Innovation and Partnership)
UNDP promotes sustainable human development to help build resilient nations and to empower people to build better lives. As the UN's development network, UNDP has drawn on world-wide experience for over three decades to assist China both in developing solutions to its own ongoing development challenges, and in its south-south cooperation and engagement in global development. Domestically, our work focuses on Good Governance, Energy & Environment, Poverty Reduction, and Disaster Management. In terms of global and south-south work, our focuses are trilateral cooperation in third countries, experience sharing on foreign aid systems, global and regional issues, private sector engagement, and sharing development experiences and lessons through south-south dialogue.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern, under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Communications Officer at the Communications, Innovation and Partnership Team, will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values
- Relevant experience in media or translation
- Strong oral and written communication ability in both English and Chinese
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated.
- Be confident, responsible, detail-oriented and skillful in communicating with others
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), or;
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (undergraduate; minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Majoring in translation, international relations, communications, journalism, or other relevant fields.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: Internship
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-08-24