Function / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions
- Supports the implementation of operational strategies;
- Ensures effective management of human resources;
- Ensures effective support for coordination related issues;
- Provides support for the effective management of the office; and
- Supports of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Supports the implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of Human Resource and Coordination activities with UN/UNDP/UNODC rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
• Provision of inputs to the office the Human Resource business processes and Coordination mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
• Preparation of Human Resource and Coordination team results-oriented work-plans.
2. Ensures effective management of human resources, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Effectively coordinate actions relative to the human resource activities for staff, consultants and interns, (e.g., recruitment, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training); ensuring consistency in the application of UNDP/UNODC rules and procedures in consultation with UNDP/UNODC Regional/HQ on HR management;
• Provide feedback to staff on questions regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations;
• Provision of data update of staff, consultant or intern(s);
• Define and follows up the staff training and development plan;
• Provide information and updates regarding staffing needs, coverage of posts and contract management;
• Leave management, maintenance of staff attendance record and update of office organization chart; and
• Participate as a member in UN Human Resources Working Group.
3. Ensures effective support for coordination related issues, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Represent the office for participating in the meetings and taking minutes of meetings when necessary;
• Assist in coordination and facilitation if required for the Programmes implementations;
• Assist in liaising with all relevant UN agencies, NGOs, donors, local authorities and private sector with the aim of facilitating coordination;
• Effectively serve as the focal point for meetings/workshops arrangements (including preparing estimated budget, drafting agendas and TORs, arrangement of the venue, and providing supporting documents, contact resource person, sending invitation; and
• Provision of technical and logistical support to missions.
4. Provides support for the effective management of the office , focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of assistance to Country Manager in day-to-day activities;
• Taking minutes on management and staff meetings;
• Organization of office retreats;
• Support with protocol matters including visa, registration of staff/intern/consultant, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters;
• Supervision of drivers for POIDN Office; and
• Coordination of transportation services and regular vehicle maintenance.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of training for staff in POIDN;
• Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in programme management support function; and
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.