Supply Chain Assistant – Azraq Camp / Internal Position
Azraq Camp (Jordan)
Supply Chain Assistant – Azraq Camp
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is currently operating several projects in Azraq refugee camp and is looking for a qualified individual to provide logistic and supply chain support. The Supply Chain assistant reports to the Support Services Team Leader. This position requires a daily commute between Amman and Azraq refugee camp.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Support Services Team Leader. Your main duties and responsibilities will be: Collecting quotations for all supplies
- Manage fleet and drivers (log sheets, maintinance, exchange, cleaning, fueled)
- Manage internal movement of cars in the camp (coordinate closely with field staff on car scheduling needs)
- Responsible for warehouse (receiving goods and materials from vendors and issuing goods for staff or beneficiaries)
- Manage assets (counting and keeping asset list up to date, assign assets to staff)
- Assist in obtaining entry/exit permits for goods and individuals into the camp
- Support the Support Services Team Leader as requested
Drive to and from the camp as needed
Required / Desirable
- One year working experience in International Non-governmental organizations
- Prior experience in logistics work
- Basic ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of English and fluency in Arabic
- Valid Jordanian driving license
- High school diploma
- Arabic fluent & English very good
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: Until 31 Dec contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Azraq Camp
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14 Aug 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Azraq Camp (Jordan)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-14