Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Grants Manager (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until August 31, 2019. Employment location will be Bujumbura, Burundi.
The project is part of a vast European Commisison funded programme (TUBEHO-NEZA) that aims at enhancing the resilience of the most vulnerables populations in Burundi. It will focus on food security, nutrition, and social cohesion. Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is the lead a consortium of 3 International NGOs that includes Concern Worldwide-CWW and International Rescue Committee -IRC. As such, WHH is responsible for the implementation of the planned measures. The Grants Manager will support and coordinate grants management (including compliance requirements and reporting to the European Commission), internal and external communication and partnership processes and procedures.
- Develop methodological tools for the financial planning and reporting
- Support the development of a financial plan for the implementation of the activities planned in coordination with the project's implementing partners
- Provide technical advice to the partners and propose sustainable solutions to problems related to the grant management
- Represent the consortium in finance related meetings at the level of all five consortia implementing the TUBEHO-NEZA programme
- Organize monthly budget management meetings with sector managers/coordinators to ensure strong financial management of grants
- Manage all reporting deadlines, develop calendars for report development and coordinate report compilation and review
- Manage and regularly update Grants Tracking Sheet to inform senior management
- Coordinate with donor on grants management, project progress, monitoring and evaluation
- Review agreements and provide recommendations and concerns to the senior management
- Act as focal point for communications with HQ grants administration and compliance functions in Headquaters
- Review and advise on all partner agreements (including logframe, budget, spending and workplan)
- Ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting and partner capacity-building
- Ensuring compliance of sub-grantees to WHH and donor rules and regulations
- Organize and facilitate monthly partnership meetings with senior program staff; support and guide program staff in partner amendments, realignments and general challenges in project implementation, as necessary
- A university degree in international affairs or related subject; masters degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in a similar position in a developing country
- Work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent French written and verbal communications skills and high-level English skills are mandatory
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 24, 2018.
- Organization: Deutsche Welthungerhilfe
- Location: Bujumbura (Burundi)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-08-24