Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job:
The Livelihoods Officer-Hub reports to the Senior Livelihood Program Officer-East and is responsible for supporting the management of staff in the professional and efficient implementation of field activities, with main focus on livelihoods & empowerment. The Livelihoods & Empowerment Program Officer works in close cooperation with other field staff for planning of activities. The Livelihoods & Empowerment Program Officer is expected to maintain close cooperation with the targeted local communities and to be able to mobilize these to take active part in planning of activities. The Livelihoods & Empowerment Program Officer will have management responsibilities over field staff.
The main responsibility of this position is to be function in spokes site in the targeted communities for delivering the livelihoods and empowerment services. The LH & E officer will assist the beneficiary and do identify the type of assistance he/she my required.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid sectorial needs and market assessments in the field.
- Regularly monitoring field activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Senior Livelihoods & empowerment program officer.
- Assess the potential of the community to establish a community-based support system for the vulnerable cases.
- Data collection by using needs assessment, identification of beneficiaries and data collection to be done either via paper forms or through digital equipment;
- Ensures liaison with communities, maintaining links with shuras and elders, engaging consistently with beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders in the field specially DoRR & MoLSAMD.
- Responsible for logistical implementation of livelihoods goods, including distribution of goods to the distribution point.
- Conduct training, awareness sessions and any other activities in the field as part of the implementation plan.
- Produce basic report on distributions, success stories and case studies with beneficiaries.
- Closely liaise with Hub officers to seek synergies and ensure holistic program implementation and act as back-up of other officer in his/her absence.
- Be able to explain the different
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education & Qualification
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in business administration and Agriculture.
- Computer using skills specially office packages and outlook.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience required in implementation of Livelihoods intervention in humanitarian and development organizations.
Demonstrated experience to provide technical training on business development and business plan.
- English (very good command)
DRC core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
- DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till end of 2018 extendable depending on funding availability and performance.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position will be placed at salary NTA salary scale, Grade D1, 38000 AFN.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 19 August 2017. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-12-04