HR and Administrative Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified HR/Administrative Assistant.
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. As a humanitarian organization working in some of the most challenging operational environments in the world it is of uttermost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the areas of Administration, Human Resources, Finances and Procurement/Logistics. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organization towards our beneficiaries.
Position's Overall Objectives
HR and Administrative Assistant provides support for the day-to-day functioning of the DRC-DDG suboffice and the implementation of DRC-DDG programmes in the area of responsibility. The HR and Administrative Assistant directly reports to the Administration and Finance Officer based in Slov'yansk and works under overall supervision of Head of Office.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- In coordination with HR Manager and Finance Officer, ensure recruitment for Slovyansk and Severodonetsk office, including helping with preparation of ToRs, making Recruitment Forms, making short-listing for the candidates to be interviewed, arrange and coordinate job interviews, prepare candidates analysis forms, send out refusal letters to non-selected candidates, collect references in a written form for the best candidates, submits information to HR Manager to issue the job offer;
- In cooperation with Finance Officer, ensure proper filing system for HR documents;
- With the Head of Office, prepare and provide induction sessions for new hires in the first week of work and coordinate training for new staff during their first month;
- Collect and Prepare packages of employment documents and send them to HR Manager in Kyiv to be submitted to GDIP for official employment; as well as collects document for civil agreements for short term contracts;
- Ensure employment contracts extended regularly upon request and all related documentation is prepared signed and sent to HR Unit in Kyiv;
- Under close supervision of Administrative/Finance Officer and HR Manager assist in maintenance and sending of the personnel files, ensure they are complete, correct and have the relevant documents;
- Ensure tracking timesheets and leaves, keeping updated the benefits accrual records in coordination with relevant line managers and under supervision of Administrative/Finance Officer;
- Submit the original and scanned timesheets and time tracking records on a monthly basis to HR Manager;
- Maintain the staff contract database for Slovyansk and Severodonetsk;
- Coordinate Annual Performance Review, including collecting of self-evaluations and Managers’ evaluation signed; ensure all staff understand the procedure and know how to follow it;
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct;
- In cooperation with Finance Officer provides the monthly Staff mapping check and Staff allocation update;
- In cooperation with Finance Officer involved in Staff forecasting and update;
- Control the end of contract reliable documents to be prepared in time;
- Ensure temporary residence registration for expatriate staff coming for more than 3 months to Slovyansk and Severodonetsk; ensure residence registration on the Temporary Residence Permits and it’s update when needed;
- Updates the staff Contact list with telephones and e-mails for new employees;
- Manage different administrative tasks such as coordination of office maintenance agreements: office lease, drinking water supply, ensure delivery of the documents to the Kyiv office by courier services when needed; coordinates arrangement trainings/meetings; apartments contracting and maintenance;
- Work effectively with logistics and programme staff in procuring supplies (program/office supplies, stationary, etc.) and services (utilities) as needed in a timely manner;
- Support the Finance Officer as needed with preparation of documents for payments using existing DRC forms;
- Support the Finance Officer and Head of Office with month staff forecasting as needed;
- Support scanning and proper storage of contracts and payment documents;
- Translate various incoming/outgoing letters and assist in arranging trainings/meetings;
- Arrange and support office meetings and workshops;
- Other tasks as requested by Administrative/Finance Officer and/or Head of Office
To be successful in this role we expect you to be familiar with Labor Low and HR-management, have good MS Office skills, high level of accuracy in a paper work, good command of English. Either we value rigorous and well organized players, committed to professional development, able and willing to learn and extend scope of work and to organize prioritization and planning, possess excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- University degree in the related field or equivalent - Labor Economy, HR-Management, Personnel Management
- Good command of English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Familiar with Ukrainian Labor Law Code and other relevant Labor laws and regulations, leave calculation, recruitment process
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Speech, couch and communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Advanced organizational skills
- Accuracy in paper work
- Competence to keep negotiations
- Previous experience in HR and administration is preferable
- Finance literacy would be an advantage
- Fast/confident typing would be an advantage
Contract length: 6 month with possible extension due to the Projects availability
Level: D1 (National scale)
Start date: September 03, 2018
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate. Closing date for applications: 23.08.2018. Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, DRC reserves the right to interview candidates on rolling basis, so the candidate might be selected before the closing date.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Slovyansk
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-08-26