Consultancy - Programme Assistant (6 - 11 month assignment), UNICEF EAP Regional Office, Bangkok, Thailand
UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office is seeking an individual consultant to provide administrative and programme support to a Regional Office Unit.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
UNICEF in East Asia and Pacific Region works to ensure the rights of all children in Thailand. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Regional Advisor, the incumbent is expected to undertake the following tasks functions:
1) To Support finance oversight, up to date budget/financial analysis and report on implementation results.
- Ensures all payments and contracts are raised in time for activities as planned and documented in VISION, the UNICEF SAP-based financial management system.
- Maintains accurate and update monthly financial records in line with activities utilization report.
- Monitors cost/ activities plan to ensure that expenditures are in line with the approved funds, agreement with partners/Country Offices.
2) To support overall routine administrative and secretarial work upon request by team members and supervisor.
- Assists the Regional Advisor in the overall management and work of the unit.
- Supports the unit with travel arrangements, ensures accurate documentation required for travel, including preparation and submission of requests for travel authorization and request for country visas.
- Ensures feasible arrangements for transportation, accommodation and appointments.
- Ensures complete and organized filing of administrative and programme related materials correspondence and other official documents.
- Coordinates contract initiation for individuals and institutions required by unit and ensures the deliverables against the contract.
- Ensures timely payment to vendors as agreed, in line with contract conditions.
- Coordinates with Operations Team / Common Service Unit in processing required administrative support.
3) To perform all administrative tasks required for preparation of workshops and meetings, which will include:
i. Coordinates with internal/external to ensure complete logistics arrangements for the conferences/meeting/workshop to be hosted or organized by the unit, including production of workshop materials, facilitating hotel accommodations booking, transportation for the participants; venues; communication requirements (e.g. internet, phone, and e-mail), invitation to participants, making arrangements for meals; and registrations.
4) To perform collection and processing of data related to development and/or subject-matter activities and to prepare background material, working papers, project documents and donor reports as may be required by section.
Work Schedule and Deliverables:
- Appropriate and timely administrative support is provided to the Regional Office Unit.
- Accurate and up-to-date budget and financial analysis conducted and recorded in VISION.
- Support for travel arrangements and logistics related-matter (incl. travel authorization, visa requirements, etc.) for team members provided.
- Logistics arrangements for conferences/workshops/meetings coordinated.
- Support to the development of project proposals and donor reports provided.
Progress report that briefly describes the recent work progress, outputs achieved against the deliverables and related ongoing activities, including any additional tasks for approval by the Regional Adviser.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 6 -11 months, starting from 17 September
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative work experience in supporting programme management /implementation is required.
- Experience with SAP-based software programmes (VISION or others) a strong asset.
- Excellent English/Thai communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of working in UN system is preferred.
- Strong experience in providing logistical support for travel, events and meetings.
- Decision-Making: strong problem-solving abilities, takes initiative, drives for result, ability to prioritize work, communicates problems and proposes solutions, as appropriate.
- Execution: sense of urgency and responsibility, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines, flexibility, multitasking and detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet search skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, cover letter, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in THB by 23 August 2018.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok (Thailand)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-23