DRC has been operating in Kenya since 2005, where we assist refugees and displacement-affected communities by implementing protection and livelihoods activities that increase their self-reliance and expand opportunities for a dignified life. DRC works in Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps, as well as in Nairobi and Mombasa to assist urban-based refugees. DRC has developed partnerships with various UN, NGOs, and government partners in order to advance a solutions agenda for displacement affected populations in Kenya.
About the job
The HR Officer is responsible for providing human resource and administrative support to the DRC/DDG Kenya Program. S/he works closely with the HR & Admin Coordinator and relevant staff to ensure processes are executed in a well-coordinated, well-informed and timely manner.
- Maintain all personnel files while upholding strict confidentiality
- Participate in the recruitment process in NBO to ensure compliance with DRC procedures
- Contract preparation for incoming staff & consultants
- Receive new employees and conduct preliminary orientation
- Benefits administration for all DRC Kenya Staff.
- Supports the HR & Admin Coordinator in carrying out and archiving staff recruitment, as well as maintaining a preferred-candidates roster in the Nairobi office
- Assist the HR & Admin Coordinator in coordinating performance & development processes
- Timesheet management for all Kenya Program staff.
- Preparation and processing of work permit/visa applications for expatriate staff
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll
- Ensures up-dating and distribution of country program staff lists on a monthly basis
- Tracking and updating reports on Performance Indicators for HR.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 3 years of relevant human resource and administrative experience is required preferably in an I/NGO setting
- Registered member of IHRM
- Ability to work in a busy office, demanding high levels of concentration to ensure accuracy
DRC Core Competencies
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Title : HR Officer
Reporting to : HR & Admin Coordinator
Location : Nairobi, with occasional travel to the Kenya Program Field sites
Start of Contract & Duration: 1st September 2018, 4 months (renewable contingent on funding)
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 21st August, 2018.
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.