Intern (Regional Bureau for Europe & the CIS)
New York City (United States of America)
UNDP's Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS (RBEC) covers 20 countries and territories in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia. The Bureau consists of headquarters in New York, country offices and its Regional Centre in Istanbul, Turkey. RBEC HQ in New York is responsible for liaising with all New York-based UN entities, Permanent Missions to the UN and other partners of UNDP. It works closely with the Regional Centre in Istanbul and provides support and oversight of UNDP offices across the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern shall:
- Assist in conducting research on the socio-economic development trends and political dynamics in the Europe and CIS region.
- Support preparing materials and logistical arrangements for thematic events and other multilateral and bilateral activities in the margins of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) in September, as well as assist in preparing social media visibility for RBEC events
- Provide support to Regional UNSDG work, including preparation for UNDAF rollouts in 2019.
- Provide administrative and logistical support as deemed necessary for RBEC events, missions and meetings.
- Assist with other related tasks as requested.
- Ethics and values
- Working in Teams
- Self-management and emotional intelligence
- Creative thinking
- Strong network, liaison and collaboration skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Good networking and partnership building skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Organizational skills
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme in the field of political sciences, economics, development studies, sociology, and/or related disciplines.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Experience in writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated research and analytic skills and ability to extract and compile information, based on research undertaken as part of university coursework or outside work.
Fluency in English-- written and spoken-- is required, knowledge of Russian is desirable.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-09-17