Manager, Learning & Organizational Development
Manila (Philippines) | philippines
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Manager, Learning and Organizational Development. Under the leadership and direction of the Area Human Resources, Learning and Organizational Development Director the Manager, Learning and Organizational Development works collaboratively with the Global LOD, Area Office subject matter experts and the National Directors to develop and support area-wide organizational strategies that will increase the quality and impact of Habitat programs through the integrated delivery of resources and training programs.
This individual will provide leadership, coordination and facilitation of learning and organizational development interventions including talent & change management, succession planning, leadership development and knowledge management. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
Organizational Learning & Knowledge Management (10%)
- Develop and implement strategies and frameworks for organizational learning that enables AP AO and NO staff to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities required to carry out their work effectively.
- Develop and manage resources, materials and tools for fostering and promoting organizational learning.
- Periodically review existing knowledge management systems and technology (AP team sites) for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Take oversight of knowledge management systems at area level, working collaboratively with the Information Systems Manager and relevant HQ departments.
- Facilitate peer to peer learning exchange with National Organization HR staff through the APHRLOD Communities of Practice in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Strengthen and maintain a knowledge management framework, identifying key areas of knowledge required by the organization and its staff and ensure relevant information is published In the area and global Habitat knowledge management databases (AP Office website, AP Network, My Habitat, Knowledge Centre and the Samples database).
Organizational Development (30%)
- Work collaboratively with the HQ HRLOD, APHROD and AP departments in developing, facilitating and implementing OD interventions for the area and national offices.
- Support the implementation of talent management framework and culture building to ensure the effective nurture and retention of critical organizational skills, expertise and leaders in the AP region.
- Together with the HR team, support the succession planning process in the AP region.
- Work collaboratively with the HRLOD Director and Regional Program Leads in building the capacity of leaders in Area and National Offices in using various methodologies of change leadership and management.
- Manage the Area Office's annual professional development goals through monitoring, giving professional advice, coaching and providing access to different tools and interventions.
- Participate in or support global LOD interventions and special initiatives and take the lead in cascading and contextualizing to the AP region where possible.
Leadership Development and Capacity Building (40%)
- Lead the implementation of the servant leadership capability model and culture that is appropriate to the context of Asia Pacific region in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Identify, consolidate and develop appropriate resources for capacity development programs and activities (including both internal and external resources).
- Facilitate the development and delivery of a range of learning & development interventions including resources such as manual, modules and e-learning content materials - either directly or through training of trainers. These include but are not limited to classroom training, webinar, blended learning, and workshops.
- Provide leadership and/or support Asia Pacific Learning events such as Asia Pacific Leadership Conference, Regional Workshops and Conferences.
- Participate, manage or lead AP-led learning and leadership development initiatives such as Habitat Young Leaders Build Leadership Academy and Asia Pacific Housing Forum as maybe assigned.
Thought Partnership and Coaching (10%)
- Act as an advisor to technical and systems trainers to promote the full realization of outcomes and benefits from implementation of the skills-transfer rather than mere installation of systems and tools.
- Provide individual coaching to staff where needed.
- Actively represent the area office in relevant global networks and working groups.
People Management (10%)
- Manage and develop direct report/s.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years minimum of related work experience required.
- Direct experience in developing and managing leadership development program.
- Direct experience in developing training curriculum, delivery and facilitation of training.
- Knowledge and understanding Adult Education/Dialogue Education techniques.
- Knowledge of OD, leadership and change management theoretical framework.
- Formal instruction in training methodologies and/or certification in adult education.
- Cross cultural management.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Direct experience in facilitating blended training programs.
- Works effectively with people of diverse backgrounds (gender, cultural and religious).
- Ability to communicate, affirm and apply the foundational values and principles of HFHI in decisions, recommendations and actions while carrying out work assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Well-developed understanding of strategic organizational learning, capacity building, knowledge management and change management methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrates effective computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, Intranet and Internet and various software applications and databases used in work efforts. Experience with Knowledge Management software preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian industry, including how INGOs operate in the global, regional and local context. Understanding of HFHI current ministry and operations will be preferred.
- Certified Professional Coach.
Beneficial but not required:
- Events planning
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply via link: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/manager-learning-and-organizational-development
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Manila (Philippines) | philippines
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Education, Learning and Training
- Managerial positions
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-09-11