Junior HR/Communications Consultant (Project Elevate)
New York City (United States of America)
The Talent Development Unit (TDU) /Office of Human Resources (OHR) enables and fosters a culture of continuous learning and develops talent at all levels across UNDP. We design and implement programmes, processes, and tools to develop learning ecosystems, stimulate learning, catalyze innovation and create knowledge in order to improve individual and team performance.
We are launching a new thought leadership to extend the reach of UNDP’s thought leadership with governments, academia and private sector.
The purpose of this procurement exercise is to hire a junior communications consultant to support a new thought leader initiative under the supervision of the Talent Development Associate for Career Management. The consultant will provide support to the implementation of the communication strategy for UNDP’s Project Elevate. The consultant will work in close collaboration with UNDP thought leaders and UNDP project champions. The consultant will provide administrative support to Project Elevate team members and other logistical support to the various activities for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The consultant will be responsible for the following
- Support the planning of activities and initiative for UNDP’s Project Elevate;
- Support the maintenance and updating of the UNDP Project Elevate website and social media pages;
- Identify and develop storylines for case studies to be published on web and in other media;
- Effectively respond to inquiries from programme champions.
- Provide daily communications support to all programme documents, website, materials etc.;
- Provide support in communicating effectively with programme participants;
- Assist in putting together and coordinating webinars and other activities and materials associated with the programme.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least University degree in human resources, business administration, project management or related field is required
- Master’s degree in any of the related fields is desirable
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 6 months of practical experience in HR, communications. Experience interning in HR, communications or similar field is also acceptable.
- Experience interning/consulting in UN Funds and programmes or other international organizations is mandatory
- Proficient in developing project schedules using MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Excellent written and oral communications skill strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Well organized, detail-oriented, team player
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
The application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
- Online application with brief description of why the Offer considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment; and
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
Note: The above documents need to be scanned in one file and uploaded to the online application as one document.
Shortlisted candidates (ONLY) will be requested to submit a Financial Proposal.
- The financial proposal should specify an all-inclusive daily fee (based on a 7 hour working day - lunch time is not included - and estimated 21.75 days per month).
- The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including: the daily professional fee; cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where required; living allowances at the duty station; communications, utilities and consumables; life, health and any other insurance; risks and inconveniences related to work under hardship and hazardous conditions (e.g., personal security needs, etc.), when applicable; and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
- In the case of unforeseeable travel requested by UNDP, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between UNDP and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.
- If the Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
The Financial Proposal is to be emailed as per the instruction in the separate email that will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are reviewed based on Required Skills and Experience stated above and based on the technical evaluation criteria outlined below. Applicants will be evaluated based on cumulative scoring. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Being responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation where technical criteria weighs 70% and Financial criteria/ Proposal weighs 30%.
Technical Evaluation - Total 70% (1000 points):
- Technical interview- Maximum 700 points
- Written assessment (including a power point presentation) - Maximum 300 points
Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (700 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (700 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation - Total 30% (300 points)
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
p = y (µ/z), where
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
The consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Learning Specialist for Leadership Development and will be responsible for the fulfilment of the duties as specified above.
- The Consultant will be responsible for providing her/his own laptop.
- The work week will be based on 35 hours, i.e. on a 7 hour working day, with core hours being between 9h00 and 18h00 daily.
- The consultant may bill on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.
Annexes (click on the hyperlink to access the documents):
Annex 1 - UNDP P-11 Form for ICs
Annex 2 - IC Contract Template
Annex 3 – IC General Terms and Conditions
Annex 4 – RLA Template
Any request for clarification must be sent by email to email@example.com
The UNDP Central Procurement Unit will respond by email and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Human Resources
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-17