TERMS OF REFERENCE
FSL Officer, Shabwa
Title: FSL Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has worked in Yemen since 2008 responding to Food Security & Livelihood, the protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) and assistance needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies.
DRC is going to implement a Cash transfer program in Shabwa governorate in consortium with other INGOs targeting IDPs and Host community.
- Working closely with the FSL Coordinator, the FSL team, partners, and Local Authorities, community representatives to identify and select cash for work project schemes
- Sensitization community people and other stakeholders about project goal, objectives, beneficiary targeting criteria, duration of project etc.
- Facilitate the acceptance of DRC in the area
- Assist to cash assistance in community selection, beneficiary selection and registration, preparing beneficiary database, and verification of beneficiaries.
- Preparing ID card for the targeted beneficiaries, formats and templates for maintaining the beneficiary master role.
- Arrange trainingfor the staffs, volunteers, community committee and workers.
- Support in the organization of cash distribution in coordination with the cash transfer agents.
- Identify cash distribution points and assess the cash feasibility and risk assessments
- Conduct market assessment, need assessment, market monitoring etc.
- Prepare monthly plan, project reports, cash distribution report and monitoring reports
- Assist M&E team in collecting data from the field and preparing reports
- Attend meetings partners
- Assist FSL coordinator to manage and implement project activities on timely.
- Any other tasks assigned by the project coordinator
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline;
- At least three years’ experience in cash for work/voucher program in a conflict setting is essential.
- Experience in market research and market monitoring
- Very good understanding in food security and livelihoods programming
- Excellent planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Proficient in English & Arabic;
- Excellent skills in MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - to compile food distribution statistics;
- Ability/willingness to undertake frequent field visits and be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure and insecure environment
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Shabwah (Yemen)
- Grade: Mid level
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-08-25