80562 - JUNIOR PROJECT CLERK (Admin Finance) FOR PAPUA PLATFORM (for Indonesian Nationality Only)
“UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
Despite firm development efforts by development partners and the national and local governments, Tanah Papua (Papua and West Papua Provinces) still faces challenges such as low economic growth, high poverty rates, increasing social and wealth disparities, prevalent violence against women, and social conflicts. UNDP is committed to support Tanah Papua to address those challenges. Building on UNDP’s extensive work in Tanah Papua in the areas of policy advocacy, technical assistance, and capacity building as well as knowledge sharing facilitation, UNDP intends to establish a new programme platform – Papua Platform – to support the national and local development acceleration agenda in Tanah Papua. The platform will be an important tool to: (1) ensure a concerted effort to tackle development issues holistically and align programmes with national and local priorities, (2) facilitate coordination among development partners, and (3) serve as a programme umbrella to host various interventions in supporting Papua’s development. The Platform will lead to strengthened partnerships among the national and subnational governments, development partners, donors, and the private sector in seizing financing opportunities to support the various programmes in Tanah Papua. During this initiation phase, the Papua Platform will focus on integrating environmental and climate change mitigation policies into the national and regional development policies and priorities, promoting and advocating West Papua as a Conservation Province, as well as a providing technical assistance for capacity building activities for National History Museums. The PIP will produce a full-fledge Programme Document aiming to support the national and provincial governments in the implementation of the above-mentioned interventions. Total resources available for the PIP is USD 401,270 which the United Kingdom Climate Change Unit (UKCCU) will contribute in the amount of USD 391,270 and UNDP Development Effectiveness Project (DAS - Award ID 00064277) in the amount of USD 10,000This position is located primarily in project management unit under overall guidance project officer or in a large project report to Operations Manager position to support the project on a day-to-day basis to cover administration functions such as procurement, HR, general office and general project administration. (Note: Security is a key function can be covered under this position and should be factored as an essential project management/operational costs. However, security personnel are normally outsourced.)
Under the overall guidance of programme associate DGPRU to support the DGPR unit and projects on a day-to-day basis and to cover administration functions to serve the unit and projects, the Project Clerk provides project support services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the project team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific project and related topics or issues.
- Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
2. Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation:
- Support the administration in preparing annual and quarterly work plans as well as project board meetings, audit, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Support to the preparation of quarterly project reports, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
- To provide administrative support for preparation of results oriented progress reports.
3. Provides administrative support to the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the focal point for Administrative and office coordination of project implementation activities to process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security compliance, etc.
- Provision of general office assistance such as response to simple information requests and inquiries; reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence; establishment of filling system and maintenance files/records; organization of meetings, workshops; routine administrative tasks, including maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
4. Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization :
- Support in updating database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support documentation of the project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
5.Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Functional Competencies: • Display a commitment and understanding of development cooperation issues• Maturity combined with tact and diplomacy• Ability to adapt quickly to new working environments• Exhibit excellent client engagement and communication skills suitable for working in an international organization• Good English, both written and spoken
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum High School
- 4 years experience for High School;
- 1 year for Diploma or Bachelor degree of Finance, Accounting
- Good in written and spoken English is required;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Fully computer literate (MS Office);
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals from different cultural backgrounds and beliefs which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of different opinions and views;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential;
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: SB-2, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-08-20