Supply Chain Assistant (Procurement)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during the course of 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
To support with logistics and purchasing for the Baghdad office and program sites throughout Baghdad in close coordination with the Head of Field Office, Baghdad program teams, other departments (finance, etc.) and with the South Central logistics & procurement team and to ensure compliance with DRC logistics & procurement guidelines. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Responsible for the procurement cycle including receiving & verifying Purchase Requests from program teams, identification of potential suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers through a Single Quote or Request for Quotations (RFQ) process, completing RFQ reports, organizing signing of Purchase Orders (contracts) with suppliers, and working with finance team to ensure timely payment to suppliers
• Ensure all processes are completed in accordance with the DRC Procurement Manual, SOPs, and donor guidelines
• Filing, scanning, and sharing all required documents & procurement/supplier files
• Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with South Central logistics department
• Maintaining an up-to-date inventory list & proper storage of DRC assets in the storage room or other storage sites
• Conduct all duties in accordance with the DRC Code of Conduct and ensure all DRC Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics
• Follows up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements
• Provides timely Procurement Reports on Procurement activity to line manager and related programs
• Responsible for logistical support to the Baghdad office, sub-offices at program locations, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
• Back-up to the Support Officer in fleet management for all Baghdad vehicles
• IT focal point to ensure internet, electronic equipment, and software are functional in the Baghdad office as well as sub-offices in coordination with the IT Officer
• Assisting the Support Officer with duties related to logistics or admin
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
• This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
• 2 or more years of experience in logistics/procurement is preferred
• Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus
• Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
• Honesty & integrity are a must
• Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills
• Arabic required. English strongly preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 4 Months
Level: B2 1
Start date: 1 September 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 27 August 2018
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo