HR/Admin Officer - (Internal Annoucement) Location: Faryab - Afghanistan
Faryab Kabul - Central Area
Purpose of the Job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of a HR/Admin Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility of HR and Administration in Faryab province. The HR/Admin Officer will ensure implementation of NRC policy, procedures and tools in NRC Afghanistan with focus and main responsibility on Human resources and administrative functions. Advise and guide managers on HR issues related, policy and procedures.
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Provides advice and assistance to Hiring Manager on job requirements, recruitment process, selection of interview panel, preparation of Interview Plan and preparation of job descriptions.
- Initiate recruitment processes for Central Area - Kabul region and ensure of approved documentation are processed, announced, and organize long and short-listing process.
- Review and feedback on shortlisting, facilitate the interviews and written test process
- Organize interview process and testing process, including collection of required documentation (ID Card, References, education verification etc.)
- Implement hiring process: Help, conduct, document and verify references in consultation with hiring manager ensure job contract and all HR/administrative documentation for personnel file is complete.
- Ensure that all HR documentation is completed and filed, and that personnel records are complete and kept confidential.
- Ensure transparency in the recruitment process and make sure all the vacant positions in central region are filled with high quality.
- Keep track of all national recruitment in Central Area - Kabul region
- Transparently manage the HRMIS/Agresso HR Database. Input employee details, allocate resource numbers and continuously update to ensure the staff establishment is accurate for payroll and reporting purposes for Central Area - Kabul region and report it to AM and CO HR on regular basis.
- Responsible for the confidential filling and archiving of all personnel files. Periodically checks files to ensure all missing documents are provided, securely keep in both hard and soft copy in line with NRC filling key. Takes keen interest in securing proof of life forms from all staff for secure storage as per NRC guidelines
- Focal point person for the grievance, complaints and code of conduct handling.
- Maintain truckers and records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, attendance and absenteeism rates for Central Area - Kabul.
- Undertakes other task as deemed necessary in Line with goal providing support to management in country office.
- Carries out Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required;
- Proper management of NRC guest houses in the field and accommodation arrangements for staff
- Finalizing lunch menu and monthly price for lunch in consultation with all staff and ensure that all staff have paid their monthly payments.
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports to provincial Directorate of line Ministries as required.
- Ensure timely provision of office space, desk and accommodation for incoming staff.
- Take charge of assets such as office furniture, fitting, building and equipment.
- University degree, in Business Administration or related field preferred. Management studies degree specialized on Human Resources Management/development is an advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources Management with International Humanitarian and development organisations.
- Fluency in English language and local languages Pashto and Dari.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Representation skills.
- Knowledge of archiving and filing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of HR practices.
- Good IT skills.
- Good follow up and organizing skills
- Education title: University degree, in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Faryab Kabul - Central Area
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-08-22