Consultancy: SharePoint Developer
UNICEF WCARO is currently revamping its knowledge management solutions into Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Microsoft (MS) Teams, Planner, and Yammer. The SharePoint Developer will also be expected to produce end user documentation and training materials. The SharePoint Developer should possess a broad knowledge of Microsoft Online integrated solutions.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
UNICEF WCARO is currently revamping its knowledge management solutions into Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Microsoft (MS) Teams, Planner, and Yammer. UNICEF WCARO is currently looking to hire a SharePoint Developer to assist with SharePoint design and management within UNICEF WCARO, and provide support to power user, site owners, and end-user on SharePoint applications/site usage and customization requirements. The SharePoint Developer will also be expected to produce end user documentation and training materials. The SharePoint Developer should possess a broad knowledge of Microsoft Online integrated solutions.
How can you make a difference?
There will be three main objectives to the consultant assignment:
Component 1: Support sections in developing their SharePoint pages and sites (Structure, design etc.) including uploading content on SharePoint, integration of other Microsoft solutions.
Component 2: Maintaining WCARO and SCO Teams Sites and improve the general design of the Sites, favoring SharePoint native capabilities over development (Convention over configuration) while keeping the navigation simple, accessible and engaging. A special emphasis should be put in facilitating the search on the Teams Sites.
Component 3: Organizing Capacity Building sessions, mainly for the KM focal points and the staff. Developing relevant guides intended for the end-users for carrying out their tasks on SharePoint. Produce Maintenance and Guides for SharePoint Management.
1. Achieved the design of the SharePoint pages and sites for WCARO
2. Maintained SharePoint pages and supported users’ requests
3. Strengthened the capacity of the users, particularly the KM focal points in maintaining their SharePoint pages and sites
4. Complete user and admin documentations.
Scope of work
- Assist UNICEF WCARO to use the features of UNICEF’s SharePoint Online based collaboration and publishing sites that address specific business needs.
- Provide training as required. Assist SharePoint power users with a proactive customer support focus ensuring staff are able to effectively leverage solutions and follow best practices.
- Assist SharePoint site owners with their customization requirements and site administration responsibilities.
- Respond to SharePoint related service calls received.
- Maintain and help prioritize the issues list, enhancement list and knowledge-based list on tips and best practices.
- Produce end user materials, i.e. job aids, best practices, techniques, tips, solution recipes, FAQs, and online simulations for the online SharePoint Collaboration Centre covering site building.
- Provide proactive training and coaching to staff during site building exercises and in more formal sessions to increase adoption and use of best practices.
- Provide testing assistance following the development of new features and functionality for the standard collaborative team sites and integration with Microsoft solutions.
Deliverables and Schedules
A comprehensive SharePoint collaboration system is in place at the end of the assignment leveraging the various tools and organizational capabilities such as SharePoint, ECM, Teams, Planner and Yammer
The payments will be made quarterly upon the timely submission of:
Timeframes are negotiable depending upon initial assessment, design and planning. Expected start date is September 03rd, 2018.
The following deliverables are expected for evaluation of the consultant by the end of the mission:
- A report detailing the design of the SharePoint pages and sites for the sections
- Complete user and admin documentations.
- Brief monthly reports on progress
- A maintenance report for SharePoint pages and sites
- A capacity building report on training done with the users
All reports should include dates and details for the reviewing person or body, according to the different deadlines and schedule agreed upon with the supervisor.
The consultant will work under the supervision of the Regional Business Analyst who will be responsible for the general coordination and scheduling and in close collaboration with the ICT specialist and PME section. Weekly meeting will be held between the consultant and its supervisor to discuss progress and adjustments. The WCARO KM working group will provide inputs along the different processes and will be consulted.
The payments will be made quarterly subject to the submission of the monthly progress reports.
The consultant will be provided with a desk office and will be using UNICEF provided ICT equipment.
The regular office hours will apply to the consultant.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science with a major in web applications development. A 1st university degree in a related domain with a minimum relevant experience of 2 years can be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years in Web development and/or Microsoft Collaboration Tools
- Mastery of the SharePoint solution with certificates if applicable
- A previous experience in a similar context will be preferred
- Good communication skills in English and French
- Results oriented
For every Child, you demonstrate a fair chance
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Dakar (Senegal)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-09-16