Head â Gender Equity and Diversity (GED)
Delhi (United States of America)
Head â Gender Equity and Diversity (GED), CARE India, Delhi
1. POSITION VACANT: Head â Gender Equity and Diversity (GED), CARE India, Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
CARE India is a part of the CARE International Confederation working in 84 countries for a world where all people live in dignity and security.
CARE has been working in India for over 60 years, focusing on ending poverty and social injustice through comprehensive programmes in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response.
In India, CARE focuses on the empowerment of women and girls, because they are disproportionately affected by poverty and discrimination and suffer abuse and violations in the realisation of their rights, entitlements and access and control over resources.
For more information about CARE India please visit http://www.careindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position offers opportunity for an experienced professional to provide technical leadership towards advancing gender equity and diversity in CARE Indiaâs programming. CARE Indiaâs programme goal is to ensure that âwomen from the most marginalised communities are empowered, live in dignity, and their households and communities are secure and resilientâ. Unequal power relations is identified as one of the key underlying cause of poverty. Therefore, CARE India has prioritised promoting gender transformative change in the communities, primarily dalits and adivasis, as a core cross-cutting aspect of its work right from programme and project design to implementation and evaluation.
Reporting to Executive Director- Program Operations, Quality and Learning, the Head-GED will lead CARE Indiaâs programming on gender, equity and diversity. Specifically, the position is responsible for ensuring integration of GED in CARE Indiaâs programming with robust gender transformative programs and project design; providing cutting-edge technical assistance on GED to CARE Indiaâs projects and long term programs; developing and facilitating implementation of innovative methods to track gender transformative changes, including research and documentation; developing innovative impactful models where GED outcomes are well integrated in projects with sector outcomes (e.g. maternal and child health, pro-poor value chain development, early child development); building capacities of staff across CARE India and its partners; developing toolkits, methods, and guidelines; developing measurement standards and knowledge management; representing and networking with key stakeholders within CARE India, CARE International, and outside the organisation to promote learning, reflection, and knowledge building; and helping craft and advance an advocacy agenda to catalyse wider social change.
S/he will ensure that CARE Indiaâs work in GED contributes to the overall mission of the organisation, reflects the programe approach, advances CARE Indiaâs Strategic Programming Framework (SPF), and is of high technical quality.
This position will work closely with a range of staff in CARE India, including sector (education, health, livelihoods, disaster management) and project teams to negotiate for and include GED as an integral aspect of programming. The measure of success for this position will be in two parts with equal emphasis, namely, developing and promoting high quality, innovative, and impactful GED approaches and interventions; and working with a cross-section of CARE Indiaâs staff to guide, coach, handhold, and influence them on various aspects of GED integrated programming (includes analyses, design, implementation, and evaluation).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Programme Development :
(1) Track emerging knowledge and learning in GED, including cutting edge approaches, strategies and models, and work for dissemination, reflection and adoption in CARE Indiaâs programming;
(2) Based on CARE Indiaâs Strategic Programming Framework (SPF) develop a strategy and plan to integrate GED in CARE Indiaâs programming and effectively implement the same;
(3) Develop innovative and impactful approaches and strategies, both for integration of GED in projects focused on sector outcomes, and to advance GED outcomes;
(4) Develop a flagship approach on gender transformative change, and coordinate processes to regularly reflect and refine the approach;
(5) Work with sector teams to identify and promote GED outcomes through the specific sector strategies;
(6) Analyse current projects in CARE India and identify opportunities and constraints to integrate GED in these projects;
(7) Identify scope and support development of locally appropriate, innovative, and impactful GED interventions and models in line with specific objectives of the projects and the SPF;
(8) Ensure all future project designs integrate GED outcomes with sharply defined activities, processes, and outputs;
(9) Keep track of various opportunities to integrate GED in CARE Indiaâs programming, and build the organisationâs preparedness to respond and make best use of these opportunities;
(10) Consistently monitor policy environment, and directions in government and corporate sector to advance GED outcomes, share this internally, and facilitate use of information in programme development;
(11) Coordinate, participate, and actively contribute to programme/project design work, and particularly anchor efforts related to GED.
(B) Technical Assistance :
(1) Understand requirements for technical assistance on GED from sector teams and projects and develop plans to provide timely assistance;
(2) Identify specific GED opportunities in projects and develop and execute technical assistance plans;
(3) Develop roadmaps for effective assistance through proper planning and coordination, and effectively implement the same;
(4) Assist projects to incorporate integration of GED outcomes in project planning, and implementation;
(5) Develop innovative and appropriate technical briefs, approach notes, content, tools, methods, internal processes and systems for quality and timely delivery of technical assistance;
(6) Disseminate technical tools and methods across various projects and support in adoption of these through capacity building, onsite support and offsite guidance;
(7) Support project teams to undertake GED analyses (e.g. Situational Analysis, Social Analysis and Action) and provide technical assistance to overcome constraints and pursue opportunities;
(8) Help sector and project teams identify challenges in integrating GED in programming and provide innovative solutions;
(9) Handhold and mentor colleagues for effective implementation of GED outcomes in projects and programmes;
(10) Support project teams in quality reporting and documentation of GED outcomes by verifying the technical content of reports, publication and other knowledge products.
(C) Training and Capacity Building :
(1) Map the capacity needs of specific projects and staff on GED focused programming;
(2) Identify capacity building avenues and facilitate staff undergoing training and capacity building on GED promotion;
(3) Develop and promote creative capacity building approaches, techniques, and tools to develop GED capacities of staff;
(4) Design and facilitate implementation of capacity needs assessment on GED, and based on this assessment support project teams in implementing capacity building measures.
(D) Learning, Reflection, and Knowledge Management :
(1) Coordinate and support efficient and timely prototype/pilot testing of models and solutions to promote GED outcomes;
(2) Develop, lead, and contribute to action research to track and learn from pilots to promote GED outcomes and models that are impactful and scalable;
(3) Promote review, reflection, and learning on GED in projects and in long term programmes in close coordination with colleagues across the organisation for staff to appreciate the significance of integrating and advancing GED outcomes in projects and programmes;
(4) Ensure that innovations in GED approaches, strategies, models are adequately studied to ensure their quality and impact, and support wider incorporation in CARE Indiaâs programming;
(5) Support development of monitoring and learning frameworks, approaches, indicators, and standards for integrating GED outcomes in projects and programmes and ensure these are in line with emerging trends in impact monitoring and measurement on GED;
(6) Actively contribute to various impact measurement and performance management efforts, including developing impact reports on CARE Indiaâs programming;
(7) Support knowledge and learning focused efforts in GED as part of CARE Indiaâs knowledge management efforts;
(8) Develop research agendas based on gender and work with sector and project teams to implement research initiatives;
(9) Ensure effective documentation of gender transformative changes both in individual projects and long term programmes;
(10) Conceptualize, develop and support project teams to produce knowledge products on GED work in CARE India;
(11) Source knowledge products on GED from CARE International and elsewhere and facilitate wider knowledge sharing and reflection across sector and project teams;
(12) Ensure that innovations and good practices on GED within CARE Indiaâs projects are studied, documented and appropriately disseminated;
(13) Set up mechanisms for knowledge gathering, analysis and dissemination both within CARE India and with partners and stakeholders in line with the role envisaGED in SPF.
(E) Networking and Advocacy :
(1) Participate in and contribute to appropriate state, national and international alliances and coalitions on GED;
(2) Develop and nurture relationships with a wide range of actors, including donors, peer organisations, academia, networks, research and advocacy organisations to map opportunities to advance GED integrated programming in CARE India;
(3) Represent and assist project teams to represent CARE Indiaâs work on GED in CARE International and with other stakeholders;
(4) Identify areas where CARE India can influence GED related policy and advocate for change at different levels in line with the organizationâs advocacy strategy, and contribute to advocacy efforts and campaigns as appropriate;
(5) Conceptualize, coordinate, and undertake research, both secondary and primary, to understand constraints and opportunities for promotion of GED outcomes amongst CARE Indiaâs impact population (dalits and adivasis);
(6) Disseminate research findings and proactively work with colleagues to design interventions that are duly informed by research;
(7) Establish professional linkages with skilled individuals and institutions to develop partnerships that will advance GED programming.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences or any equivalent qualification with at least 10 years of relevant experience in the development sector particularly in implementation of gender equity and diversity initiatives
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Proven experience of promoting practical and impactful gender equity and womenâs empowerment approaches to development and humanitarian action;
(2) Ability to convert complex GED ideas into impactful processes and actions with focus on skills transfer;
(3) High level of conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to develop approach papers, concept notes, proposals, etc.;
(4) Demonstrable experience and skills to develop and support use of GED tools and techniques.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position shall be attractive. Please note that the offer shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: Delhi
7. REFERENCE: HGED-CARE
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before August 18, 2018. For further details, please visit www.sams.co.in.
- Organization: CARE India
- Location: Delhi (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Education, Learning and Training
- Banking and Finance
- Managerial positions
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Closing Date: 2018-08-26