Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative, the Assistant to the Representation ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Resident Representative‘s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Assistant works in close collaboration with Front Office, Programme, Business Development and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Representative’s office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the Representative’s office and promotes the image of UN/UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office
- Effective communications and administrative support to the office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the Representative’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Representative’s schedules
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Use of automated office management system
2. Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Facilitation of information sharing with Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations Teams.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Representative.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Representative. Including drafting of background notes.
- Maintenance of Teams’ status reports, best practices, lessons learned, publishing on section intranet and compiling of information for resource mobilization and communications officers.
- Support to organization of advocacy events if required
- Creation and permanent update of database related to external / internal counterparts of the Representative.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Client Orientation
- Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary Education with specialized secretarial training or office management.
Experience: 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Spanish and advanced level in English is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment. Visit http://operaciones.pnud.cl/Documentos/Documentos.htm for more inforamtion, contract type and conditions of service.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Santiago (Chile)
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31