Livelihoods Assistant (Community Outreach)
Livelihoods Assistant (Community Outreach) x3
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Iraq since 2003 and in Northern Iraq since 2010. It is currently implementing a broad range of activities relevant to conflict affected communities and persons. The activities are categorized in ten sectors: Shelter and Non-food Items, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Protection, Mine Risk Education, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM).
About the job
The Livelihoods Assistant is tasked to assist the implementation of all livelihoods activities at the Job Centers, under the guidance and support of the Livelihoods Team Leaders and Officers.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
To be successful in this role we expect you to have the following:
- Understanding of DRC’s work and ability to follow up on project sites.
- A suitable qualification or experience in Development work
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Spoken and written Arabic and English is appreciated.
- Punctual reliable and efficient
- Knowledge of Livelihoods activities
- Good communication skills.
- Skill of problem solving.
- Ability of making decisions.
- Relevant education background (Bachelor degree is an asset)
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Knowledge of the Refugee and IDP crisis.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 4 months (renewable based on both funding and performance).
Level: B2 1
Start date: September 2018.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. .
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking here or on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 25 Aug, 2018. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Ayadhiya District
- Grade: Junior
- Communication and Public Information
- Social Affairs
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-25